Shumpert

Techster

Helluva Engineer

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, when he says 'coffee' he really means 'meth' so likely him functioning right now is because he hasn't had his "coffee".

Don't you have an ballet dance off appointment behind the local Baskin Robbins with @dtm1997 ? And by ballet dance off, I mean you ballet dancing as if it's a real challenge and DTM eating your ice cream in between bouts of laughter because, well, you're a grown a$$ man ballet dancing behind a Baskin Robbins...and for the sake of DTM, let's hope you're not wearing the same tights you were wearing during our days at GT...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From a Cleveland perspective here is what they have done in their 2 big trades
leaving
PG Isiah Thomas to Lakers
G Iman Shumpert to Sacramento
G Dwayne Wade to Heat
G Derrick Rose to Utah
PF Jae Crowder to Utah

Incoming
PG George Hill from Sacramento
wing Rodney Hood from Utah
Jordan Clarkson from Lakers
Larry Nance Jr from Lakers

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't you have an ballet dance off appointment behind the local Baskin Robbins with @dtm1997 ? And by ballet dance off, I mean you ballet dancing as if it's a real challenge and DTM eating your ice cream in between bouts of laughter because, well, you're a grown a$$ man ballet dancing behind a Baskin Robbins...and for the sake of DTM, let's hope you're not wearing the same tights you were wearing during our days at GT...

I've got no intention of visiting a Baskin Robbins. Also, I used to break **** down at any number of ATL night time spots in my day, so I'd win both the ice cream and the dance off.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how much long term salary they took on but I like the players they ended up with better than the ones that left.

The "sad" part is Isiah Thomas as he has managed to talk/act/pout himself out of about $100M since the start of the season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't know how much long term salary they took on but I like the players they ended up with better than the ones that left.

The "sad" part is Isiah Thomas as he has managed to talk/act/pout himself out of about $100M since the start of the season.

He was never going to get that IMHO.

I agree though that his attitude and, more importantly, his play have hurt his prospects at getting the "Brinks truck" backed up anywhere near his house.

I've got no intention of visiting a Baskin Robbins. Also, I used to break **** down at any number of ATL night time spots in my day, so I'd win both the ice cream and the dance off.

Pics or it didn't happen, bro. Also shame on you for engaging @Techster in his coke-fueled banter.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pics or it didn't happen, bro. Also shame on you for engaging @Techster in his coke-fueled banter.

lets-be-honest-coke-is-way-better-than-pepsi-isnt-it.jpg

Everyone loves Coke, KG....I always knew deep down in that cold dark ice cream filled ballerina heart of yours you were a Pepsi guy...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Well the Lakers easily won the day with their trade. Dropped a ton of salary.

I disagree. I think the Cavs got exactly what they needed. They got younger, better defensively, and got rid of some drama. I think they also made themselves more appealing for Lebron to stay with them, and even if he leaves they are better equipped to deal with it, especially if he does a sign and trade similar to what he did when he went to the heat, which I think he would.

The lakers look to be setting up to be major players in the offseason trading, but how good this deal is, imo, lands on can they actually attract Lebron. If not I think it's an okay move but an easy win.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Question: At this point in his career, is Lebron worth mortgaging the future of a franchise anymore for maybe 3-5 years of him?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I disagree. I think the Cavs got exactly what they needed. They got younger, better defensively, and got rid of some drama. I think they also made themselves more appealing for Lebron to stay with them, and even if he leaves they are better equipped to deal with it, especially if he does a sign and trade similar to what he did when he went to the heat, which I think he would.

The lakers look to be setting up to be major players in the offseason trading, but how good this deal is, imo, lands on can they actually attract Lebron. If not I think it's an okay move but an easy win.
Just depends whether you look short term or long term. Shorr term, definitely the Cavs getting rid of drama, adding a real PG in Hill, and I like the Hood pickup. Lakers just made themselves major players in FA. Of course everything depends on what LeBron does but I think Gilbert sealed his fate.