Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

• No - leave it as is

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Yes - lock it temporarily

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • Yes - lock it permanently

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You can lock the thread, but then my fear is that it simply infects all the other threads. I voted to keep it open in the hope it would limit that type of chatter to one location (which I can then easily ignore).

It's a bit like the inevitable old coach argument that goes on incessantly, in particular with regard to CPJ and his TO offense. Some folks apparently hated all that so much they still bring it up. Others loved it so much they pine for it. Then viola, you get the Antifa vs Proud Boys arguments in a thread about something totally different!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't care for CGC and it don't matter what we do unless you have +millions to send what we say won't change anything.

wǒ men xū yào zuò de jiù shì kāi shǐ yíng qiú , yí qiè dū huì hǎo qǐ lái de,

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
Geoff Collins is a poor reflection on GT football. Should've been fired long ago.
but he can’t be any time soon so rather than spend all waking hours crying and moaning how about people just get over it and wait til next years team?

it literally can’t change any time soon and he’s even attempted to address a lot of issues people had. less focus on branding, new OC, QB coach, taking in some transfers at some areas of need, etc

i’m not saying this is an upcoming 10 win season but i think there’s things that are objectively positive. that thread has built a cesspool on this forum where anything but crying and moaning has marked you as a collins truther and paul johnson’s last few struggle bus seasons have been rewritten as some of the best football tech has ever played.

idk how some of these people move through life being this miserable about a hobby or source of entertainment lol

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
No, if these people did not have CGC to whine and ***** about many would either turn into serial killers or off themselves and their families. It’s better to let them vent here than to have that.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the last season, I was as negative as anyone. Also, I’m skeptical that next year shows significant improvement. Having said that, I’m hoping I’m proven wrong. IMHO continuing this thread during the off-season really doesn’t achieve anything and we won’t hear anything we haven’t heard numerous times before (some of it by me). If next season goes south, unlock it or start volume 2.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love reading the posts.
They reveal the knowledge of the poster.

We are 40th in spending on football.
WE have huge student fee and get govt money but we are near the bottom in donations to the gtaa

We have limited curriculum flexibility ( thanks bor)

Each poster should give an idea for a plan forward.
(How many of the fire collins work at a place that is 40th in spending on workers.)

If gt grads cant step up in donations.

I say keep the posts coming.

When its time for getting a hiring pledge we see if anyone posts.
Crickets

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Collins has burned a lot of bridges with his fan base so far. It won't take long for this thread to "fire" up again once the season starts.

JacketFan137

Banned
You can lock the thread, but then my fear is that it simply infects all the other threads. I voted to keep it open in the hope it would limit that type of chatter to one location (which I can then easily ignore).

It's a bit like the inevitable old coach argument that goes on incessantly, in particular with regard to CPJ and his TO offense. Some folks apparently hated all that so much they still bring it up. Others loved it so much they pine for it. Then viola, you get the Antifa vs Proud Boys arguments in a thread about something totally different!
it’s already going on in literally every thread anyway. this is no longer gtswarm the page is just CryAboutCollins

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If you lock it, then every thread will turn into a FGC thread. Kind of already has, but even more so.
Seems to me the advantage of it is to herd all the fire CGC posts into one thread. Anyone who isn't interested in participating may simply ignore it. Of course, they won't. They'll keep grousing about it in every other thread. I say let the marketplace of opinions flow freely, with the reasonable restrictions concerning player comments already in place. The thread will either die or thrive depending on what happens on the field. Nobody wanted it to appear in the first place. Its occurrence was natural, given nine wins in three years. Hope Geoff starts winning so it can die a natural death.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
At the end of the last season, I was as negative as anyone. Also, I’m skeptical that next year shows significant improvement. Having said that, I’m hoping I’m proven wrong. IMHO continuing this thread during the off-season really doesn’t achieve anything...
In all honesty, what does any message board thread really achieve ?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I like having it open so that flame ups in other threads can be relocated there..

Plus, the whole idea of "locking" a topic seems weird to me. If people want to post about it there then have at it. I would rather not read the drivel that is 90% of the posts there and it is easier to just steer clear.

JacketFan137

Banned
Lucky for us to have you around, so you can express your opinion while telling everyone who disagrees with you to put a sock in it lol.
like i’ve said we’ve reached the point where wanting to do well and talk about something other than constant negativity surrounding the program has made people mad. like it or not collins is here to stay. real life has too many actual problems to be this negative on the internet lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
like i’ve said we’ve reached the point where wanting to do well and talk about something other than constant negativity surrounding the program has made people mad. like it or not collins is here to stay. real life has too many actual problems to be this negative on the internet lol
Why don't you go post in the "Hire Geoff Collins" thread, if you can find it? It will give you something to do instead of telling everybody else what to say lol.

JacketFan137

Banned
Why don't you go post in the "Hire Geoff Collins" thread, if you can find it? It will give you something to do instead of telling everybody else what to say lol.
sorry that what i’ve said has gotten to the point you need to get personal online with a stranger