Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

• No - leave it as is

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Yes - lock it temporarily

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • Yes - lock it permanently

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
The trouble with that is what *you* find humorous may not be what *others* find humorous. And it is always possible you're the one who is wrong.

I got a warning for responding to a quote about sanctions with a simple joke that having Coach Collins is as bad as having sanctions. Whether you find that funny or not isn’t the point. The point is getting a warning over such an inconsequential attempt at humor is ridiculous.

And before someone snidely remarks “if you don’t like it here, leave”, Unfortunately Georgia Tech sports isn’t exactly a raving interest on the internet, so this is the best place to discuss such things. Not to mention a forum should want to be accommodating and fun. This place should be fun. Falcons forums have us beat there. We can make jokes about how awful we are to lessen the pain of the losses without being called a fake fan.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I got a warning for responding to a quote about sanctions with a simple joke that having Coach Collins is as bad as having sanctions. Whether you find that funny or not isn’t the point. The point is getting a warning over such an inconsequential attempt at humor is ridiculous.

And before someone snidely remarks “if you don’t like it here, leave”, Unfortunately Georgia Tech sports isn’t exactly a raving interest on the internet, so this is the best place to discuss such things. Not to mention a forum should want to be accommodating and fun. This place should be fun. Falcons forums have us beat there. We can make jokes about how awful we are to lessen the pain of the losses without being called a fake fan.
I only do that when I'm drinking heavily.

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
So what exactly is the outcome of Fire Geoff Collins thread vote? And what is the point of continuing this thread?
Should we have a vote to lock the “Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?” thread?

Personally, I find the righteous sanctimony of a few amusing and mentally cleansing after a day of real work. So let’s keep up the great posts and moderating gents!