Should CPJ be the coach in 2014?

Should Paul Johnson be the GT coach in 2014

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Carey I could see as well as Montgomery. Both have the same negative though as neither has any ties to the SE and recruiting here. And neither are at a school where the academics impact the football program to any degree close to Tech.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Carey I could see as well as Montgomery. Both have the same negative though as neither has any ties to the SE and recruiting here. And neither are at a school where the academics impact the football program to any degree close to Tech.
If you want someone who has had experience at a more academically invested school, might I suggest Willie Taggart who used to be the RB coach at Stanford (back when Toby Gerhart was there)?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Eric,

Read my first post. I said that I have concerns. Read my posts from earlier this week where I expressed my concerns about Sewak

I simply think that these sorts of threads should occur after the season in light of more factors.

So you're 100% happy with were we are at?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I want to start off by saying that I am a CPJ fan...I think he is a really good coach and knows the game so well. But he just isn't the answer for us. The playcalling today was again awful...We have 6 minutes in the game and we pass all four downs...5 in a row vs Miami, 4 in a row vs VT, 4 in a row vs UGA.

I want CPJ to do well..But after today and the last few seasons I just do not think he is the guy for us.
Starting to lean this way. Kinda hard not to given the circumstances. CPJ is doing it to hinself. The offense is one dimensional. Deme
I want to start off by saying that I am a CPJ fan...I think he is a really good coach and knows the game so well. But he just isn't the answer for us. The playcalling today was again awful...We have 6 minutes in the game and we pass all four downs...5 in a row vs Miami, 4 in a row vs VT, 4 in a row vs UGA.

I want CPJ to do well..But after today and the last few seasons I just do not think he is the guy for us.

The play calling is imo the worst facet of our problems.

QB sneaks are so predictable.

Rocket tosses to the short side of the field.

50 yard Go-Routes on 3rd and long.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ken Whisenhunt
Goose Godsey
are my wildcards
But I can think of more
Plus I dont feel Montgomery, Casey, or DeRuyter would be difficult transitions

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric,

Read my first post. I said that I have concerns. Read my posts from earlier this week where I expressed my concerns about Sewak

I simply think that these sorts of threads should occur after the season in light of more factors.

It's a message board. As CPJ says it is what it is.

Another one of my problems with CPJ is Sewak.