Should CPJ be the coach in 2014?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Oct 5, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

46.9%
  2. No

19.8%
  3. Depends on how the season plays out

33.3%
  1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Just to see where everyone is at.

2. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

I don't know, I just don't know. The way I'm feeling right now. Just don't know

bat_082994 and IronJacket7 like this.
  3. Eric

I want to start off by saying that I am a CPJ fan...I think he is a really good coach and knows the game so well. But he just isn't the answer for us. The playcalling today was again awful...We have 6 minutes in the game and we pass all four downs...5 in a row vs Miami, 4 in a row vs VT, 4 in a row vs UGA.

I want CPJ to do well..But after today and the last few seasons I just do not think he is the guy for us.

4. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

+1

5. OldJacketFan

My issue is how is the culture at Tech going to change? We all saw the same crap under Gailey and it's repeating itself under Johnson. You could not have 2 more different coaches and yet the end product is the same!

6. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

I have always been a major CPJ fan. I think he's got one of the best minds in the game. I just think he's too damn stubborn for his own good. He has to learn to adapt to the changing game and changing personnel. I won't pitch a fit for him to be fired, but I think he's handicapping our team. That being said, I don't know anyone else who could do any better here at Tech. We don't exactly have a high ceiling of potential here.

ybeenormal likes this.
  7. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

If money was no object...?

8. Hoss

Hoss Jolly Good Fellow

Did everyone not at the beginning of the season kinda agree that we would have problems considering a new defensive coordinator a new QB that IMO hasn't had a lot of real snaps until this season we can still be better than last year we have a couple more tough games but we can end up 8-4

9. D-man44

D-man44 Helluva Engineer

My thing is who do we hire if he is gone? I would love a Charlie strong assistant

10. OldJacketFan

Tech can pay a top flight coach but the other issues are going to remain. When James Franklin came to Vandy he was faced with similar issues but he has one great advantage in that Vandy is University as opposed to a Technical Institute. Regardless of what others may say this is a huge advantage to other schools.

As to CPJ's buyout it is not the hurdle others would like for you to believe. After all, Tech found a way to run Hewitt off and pay that onerous buyout.

awbuzz likes this.
  11. OldJacketFan

Hoss, my worry is that CPJ may have lost the team. He did a great job holding the team together last year but can he do it again?

12. Ramblinwreck7

Ramblinwreck7 Jolly Good Fellow

Fitzgerald, Leach, or Chad Morris would be the only somewhat realistic options I think could give us something. I'm not sure what I prefer at this point. I'm willing to see out the year. I have always been a big CPJ fan:

13. Eric

Yes, just as a fan.

14. OldJacketFan

Would Fitzgerald leave his alma mater? Leach is a worse headcase than CPJ. I don't see the lure for Chad Morris at this stage of his career.

15. D-man44

D-man44 Helluva Engineer

ken whisenhunt

16. OldJacketFan

2.6MM/Yr isn't what I would call chump change ;)

17. Hoss

Hoss Jolly Good Fellow

I wouldn't say he's lost it just yet I think having a bye the 2nd week hurt us and playing the bulk of our division back to back to back is what the problem is and the lack of confidence but that's just my opinion

poodleface likes this.
  18. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

If we only lose to Clemson and UGA, I would say yes. Or if he beats UGA regardless of the record I would say yes. 8-4 or beat UGA would be deciding factor.

19. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

We do need a easy transition if we do fire him. Oregon, A&m offense maybe. He could hire an offensive coordinator, maybe that could help idk. Hard to find an answer. Can't keep sayin next year we'll be good and finding excuses.First it was 10' we lost a lot of talent, 11' we had a new QB, 12' our QB wasn't a big enough threat and our D coordinator sucked, 13' we have a new QB and D coordinator. Sorry guys having a meltdown I guess. It will be a major obstacle getting rid of him and changing offenses.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  20. Tech First

Tech First Ramblin' Wreck

Yes that is what I see.