Shaq Mason Taking Advantage of his Opportunity

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some great stuff on Shaq Mason the last couple weeks. Hopefully this is a pick-me-up for others as it was for me.

First, yesterday the Patriots waved a 2013 1st round draft pick Jonathan Cooper, someone they traded a big piece for just this offseason: Patriots cut ties with guard Jonathan Cooper
While the Patriots had hoped Cooper would be their starting right guard, second-year player Shaq Mason has seized the role, with rookie Ted Karras also contributing.

Second, that article linked to the following from a week ago. The highlight is almost too good to be true:
Shaq Mason praised by Bill Belichick for setting up Jacoby Brissett TD run
Brissett starts with play-action to running back LeGarrette Blount off the left side, and Belichick points out how the defense flows with it.

"That gets Jacoby to the edge [on the right side] and the only guy to beat here is the end [linebacker Benardrick McKinney]; Shaq Mason does a nice job of cutting him down," Belichick says in his review. "Once we get outside that last guy, there is a lot of green there."

Here's the video of the play with Belichick's comments starting 45 sec in:
http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/09/28/theres-no-arguing-belichicks-top-plays-patriots-vs-texans

And in case the name Bernardrick McKinney does not immediately ring a bell... he was the surefire NFL talent from Mississippi State who got his first taste of undersized and underrated Shaq Mason on December 31, 2014 in Sun Life Stadium.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Some great stuff on Shaq Mason the last couple weeks. Hopefully this is a pick-me-up for others as it was for me.

First, yesterday the Patriots waved a 2013 1st round draft pick Jonathan Cooper, someone they traded a big piece for just this offseason: Patriots cut ties with guard Jonathan Cooper

Second, that article linked to the following from a week ago. The highlight is almost too good to be true:
Shaq Mason praised by Bill Belichick for setting up Jacoby Brissett TD run

Here's the video of the play with Belichick's comments starting 45 sec in:
http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/09/28/theres-no-arguing-belichicks-top-plays-patriots-vs-texans

And in case the name Bernardrick McKinney does not immediately ring a bell... he was the surefire NFL talent from Mississippi State who got his first taste of undersized and underrated Shaq Mason on December 31, 2014 in Sun Life Stadium.
Man them patriots play dirty, I can't believe they did a chop block :p