Shamire does appear to be

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I am so excited for our OL...Burden and Devine leading the way... With the three Freshman arriving hopefully C. Griffin can play...Love Will Bryan. we will have a great line!!
And Freddie gets to play this year with a healthy body and a focused mind. I can't imagine how tough it must have been trying to be a GT student and D1 football starter while dealing with his dad's illness and spending as much time as humanly possible with him. I think we'll be seeing a completely different player on the field this season.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have a chance to be good up front. The big man plays a pivotal role in the word "chance". At the OG position, Will Bryan can beat you with speed, tenacity and technique. Shamire can push you with size and physicality. At C Freddie is the complete package when healthy. This really isn't a bad place to start with a G-C-G combo like that.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
there's not a defensive tackle in the ACC, that can hold his position against an inshape Shamire. If he keeps working for the next 3 months. His play alone will keep the MLB in the hole for an extra second, opening up the outside for JT and big plays. A fit shamire shows up in Dublin and I'm taking the over on team wins, regardless of any other team developments

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
there's not a defensive tackle in the ACC, that can hold his position against an inshape Shamire. If he keeps working for the next 3 months. His play alone will keep the MLB in the hole for an extra second, opening up the outside for JT and big plays. A fit shamire shows up in Dublin and I'm taking the over on team wins, regardless of any other team developments
True. Shamire has always been, and will continue to be, dominant against a guy lined up right in front of him. That hasn't been the issue. It's all the other stuff that is the concern. We don't need Shamire to be like Will Bryan out in space. Quite frankly, he never could be anyway, regardless of what shape he is in. We just need him to be better than he has been. We need him a little quicker on the interior too, so he can get angles better executing all those blocks where a guy isn't lined up directly in front of him. We need Shamire to be a little better in goal line situations as well, not letting defenders under him. All of these things can be directly related to the amount of weight he is carrying and how well he bends. Shamire is a superstar in the making, if he just chooses to be one. If you choose to be a superstar, it means you eat like one, train like one, learn like one, and play like one, all while keeping the important relationships in your life intact. It is not a hard choice to make. It's just hard to live by for most people.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need Devine to be a taller version of Shaq. Devine can be fast enough when he is in shape.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We need Devine to be a taller version of Shaq. Devine can be fast enough when he is in shape.

exactly "when" so we need him in shape and he won't be a liability like on spring tape

FYI there is no doubt in my mind, that that tape made him push is arse more up to now...no doubt...read into that.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Shamire looks about 350 in this to me. I doubt he'll get much lighter. But I'm cool with that. We may have to adjust the sets and plays to work with his strengths. I'm hoping he can get his pass blocking down pat by the start of next year. That was the only thing that really bothered me last year.

Now let's hope he a) keeps it up and b) avoids another head injury. I'm pulling for him!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We need the Shamire of the 2014 ACCCG against FSU. One of the most dominant OL performances I've seen under CPJ. If you look at who he played against that night, you'll find that front 7 littered across NFL rosters. He was a man among boys that night. He's definitely got the ability, just needs the consistency.

I'm going out on a limb and saying he's going to be All ACC in 2016.