1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Serratos dismissed from team

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by Stinger90, May 7, 2019.

1. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

2. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

You think getting benched resulted in a blowup?

4. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Agree 100% with it being too bad. He has such potential. I think he'll be playing somewhere next year with a change of scene.

There were rumors of this in chat ....... thanks to the person who brought it up. Good thing about chat is things disappear so there can be more free speculation.

5. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I did notice he got no playing time even in the blowout wins over Western a Carolina ......which is where you’d play a guy if you were trying to bring him back to a level he had the potential to play at.....I almost asked about it, then got busy and decided maybe it was just Hall being Hall.....maybe there was more to it.

6. gtrower

gtrower Helluva Engineer

He subbed in the game in the 7th on Friday and got a few at bats. But didn’t play the rest of the weekend.

7. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I guess it was the rest of the weekend I noticed.....thanks for the correction.

8. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

Hall did all he could do to get him to straighten out .

bwelbo, CTJacket and Stinger90 like this.
  9. GTNavyNuke

Something was off last summer when Serratos batting average was so low (250 for him is low). http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=209947

It's on Hall for playing Serratos so much (poor fielding, throwing and hitting) for so long at the expense of the team.

Again, I really hope he works things out on another team.

tatertot1 and bwelbo like this.
  10. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

I've seen this before. Now we speculate about "processing" for the next 900 posts... ;)

augustabuzz, THWG and bwelbo like this.
  11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Baseball Factory.

THWG and CuseJacket like this.
  12. GTNavyNuke

What's processing? Must be football or basketball thing to ***** about.

"proc·ess1
    /ˈpräˌses,ˈprōˌses/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: processing
    1. perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it.
      "the various stages in processing the wool"
      • deal with (someone) using an official and established procedure.
        "the immigration authorities who processed him"
        synonyms: deal with, attend to, see to, sort out, handle, take care of, action, organize, manage
        "I'll make sure that your application is processed quickly"
      • COMPUTING
        operate on (computer data) by means of a program.

13. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

How do you process baseball players where you have 35 or so on the roster and only 11.7 scholarships?

On a side note, who’s the ******* that decided some baseball player might get 0.7 of a scholarship? Was that the brainchild of some flat foreheaded mangy bureaucrat with one eyeball pointing in the wrong direction?

TechPreacher likes this.
  14. gtrower

gtrower Helluva Engineer

A lot of these guys are on Hope I’m pretty sure. So they don’t need it. Baseball players end up being from more affluent circumstances than football/basketball players.

Sometimes they’re on football/basketball schollies too. Roddy played both and it always counts towards football/basketball.

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  15. JacketOff

JacketOff Jolly Good Fellow

Well, really there are no baseball players that get .7 of a scholarship. The ones that do are few and far between. Most scholarship players are on 50% and below, but I’m pretty sure there is a requirement that if you get a scholarship it has to be at least 25%. Baseball scholarships are unlike football and basketball where your scholarship players are on full rides. I’d be willing to bet there are fewer than 20 players in the country on a full ride.

To add to gtrower’s comment, I’m sure quite a bit of the players are on HOPE, but they’re still on the hook for any tuition left over plus housing. And think about how hard it is for regular students to keep HOPE, much less athletes whose training time is essentially year round.

lauraee and GTNavyNuke like this.
  16. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

This whole beesball scholarship deal is jacked up. There should be 22-25 scholarships. No wonder guys don’t stay and accept the draft money

17. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Did Hall just oversign?