Serratos dismissed from team

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agree 100% with it being too bad. He has such potential. I think he'll be playing somewhere next year with a change of scene.

There were rumors of this in chat ....... thanks to the person who brought it up. Good thing about chat is things disappear so there can be more free speculation.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I did notice he got no playing time even in the blowout wins over Western a Carolina ......which is where you’d play a guy if you were trying to bring him back to a level he had the potential to play at.....I almost asked about it, then got busy and decided maybe it was just Hall being Hall.....maybe there was more to it.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I did notice he got no playing time even in the blowout wins over Western a Carolina ......which is where you’d play a guy if you were trying to bring him back to a level he had the potential to play at.....I almost asked about it, then got busy and decided maybe it was just Hall being Hall.....maybe there was more to it.

He subbed in the game in the 7th on Friday and got a few at bats. But didn’t play the rest of the weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've seen this before. Now we speculate about "processing" for the next 900 posts... ;)

What's processing? Must be football or basketball thing to ***** about.

"proc·ess1
/ˈpräˌses,ˈprōˌses/
verb
gerund or present participle: processing
  1. perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it.
    "the various stages in processing the wool"
    • deal with (someone) using an official and established procedure.
      "the immigration authorities who processed him"
      synonyms: deal with, attend to, see to, sort out, handle, take care of, action, organize, manage
      "I'll make sure that your application is processed quickly"
    • COMPUTING
      operate on (computer data) by means of a program.

LibertyTurns

Banned
How do you process baseball players where you have 35 or so on the roster and only 11.7 scholarships?

On a side note, who’s the ******* that decided some baseball player might get 0.7 of a scholarship? Was that the brainchild of some flat foreheaded mangy bureaucrat with one eyeball pointing in the wrong direction?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
How do you process baseball players where you have 35 or so on the roster and only 11.7 scholarships?

On a side note, who’s the ******* that decided some baseball player might get 0.7 of a scholarship? Was that the brainchild of some flat foreheaded mangy bureaucrat with one eyeball pointing in the wrong direction?

A lot of these guys are on Hope I’m pretty sure. So they don’t need it. Baseball players end up being from more affluent circumstances than football/basketball players.

Sometimes they’re on football/basketball schollies too. Roddy played both and it always counts towards football/basketball.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Well, really there are no baseball players that get .7 of a scholarship. The ones that do are few and far between. Most scholarship players are on 50% and below, but I’m pretty sure there is a requirement that if you get a scholarship it has to be at least 25%. Baseball scholarships are unlike football and basketball where your scholarship players are on full rides. I’d be willing to bet there are fewer than 20 players in the country on a full ride.

To add to gtrower’s comment, I’m sure quite a bit of the players are on HOPE, but they’re still on the hook for any tuition left over plus housing. And think about how hard it is for regular students to keep HOPE, much less athletes whose training time is essentially year round.