Seriously....who else we gonna beat?

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I really don’t think this is an unrealistic question. The teams we have a chance to beat are away games. Tough for this team to win on the road. I really like Yates at QB and our running backs and receivers are pretty good. But our O-line (why are we paying Coach Key so much?) and our defense (Why is coach Thacker a coordinator?) will not win us any games. I really don’t expect to win another game this year. I hate it for our players because I’m proud of their effort every week.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Seeing the way Pitt, VT, and UVA have played early in the season, as well as how we played against NIU has certainly dampened my expectations. Duke is really the only game I feel good about for the remainder of the year. I would guess we grab one or two games on top of that though and end up with either 3 or 4 wins.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How can Dook meltdown? If you’re at/near the bottom, I suppose it’s possible to set another record of futility but they’re a really ****ty program. We’re still 2 TDs better than those ****bags.
Grammatical error as I meant Miami. Quite right, Duke is a shadow of the team that used to torment us 5 years ago. These things happen.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We beat Clemson. You heard it here first. We also beat Notre Dame. We lose to VT, Georgia and Boston College. We get blown out by Pittsburg. We win all our other games. End up 7-5 just as predicted before the season started.

But don’t tell Clemson, Notre Dame or UNC. Those wins absolutely depend on our catching them by surprise. If we talk about it too much on the site we will not surprise them and we will lose.

😀
We go undefeated if we run this NFL offense

;)

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
We really do have a 50/50 shot at beating Duke. So I think we might get another win. A lot of that depends on the week after this clempson game. How are we going to look at the rest of the season after playing grown man football for the first time this year?

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
Tbh I think the only team way better than us in the coastal is Pitt. UNC, VT, UVA all look beatable if we don’t beat ourselves. Boston College is going to be a tough one, but I think Miami and Duke are definite wins. I think we surprise one of ND, Clem, or uGag

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We lost a game we had no business losing, others have too this season and will continue to do so. This is college football, where most anything an happen outside maybe the top 10 or so teams, no one is really DOMINANT in a way that we can't punch above our weight and win against.

I think we are better than the NIU game showed us to be. There were a number of things that happened that led to the loss, I won't repeat them here because it doesn't do anyone any value and it makes me sad/annoyed to think about again. It is likely in my opinion that we see continued improvement throughout this year and I could see wins in the UNC, Pitt, Duke and BC games without really breaking reality too much. Picking off Clemson/UGA ND(being up there is tough) seems highly unlikely, but the rest are winnable coinflips to me (UVA, VT, UM).

I wouldn't be surprised/unsatisfied by anything in the 6 win range this season and would be thrilled to get to 8 total (regular season).

Against Clemson we will see if we have the ability to chip them and slow them down via the Line play on both sides of the ball, but barring a huge disaster or highly unanticipated miracle game I don't think we learn much more next week, other than Clemson is legitimately elite and we are not yet. Need to stay healthy, not make stupid decisions and treat this with the reality of what it is.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Against Clemson we will see if we have the ability to chip them and slow them down via the Line play on both sides of the ball, but barring a huge disaster or highly unanticipated miracle game I don't think we learn much more next week, other than Clemson is legitimately elite and we are not yet. Need to stay healthy, not make stupid decisions and treat this with the reality of what it is.
We have to thwart their ground game, and I think in order to do that we have to gamble on the blitz at odd times and catch them in the backfield - maybe get a turnover or two. Otherwise, they're just going to line up and run over us.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We have to thwart their ground game, and I think in order to do that we have to gamble on the blitz at odd times and catch them in the backfield - maybe get a turnover or two. Otherwise, they're just going to line up and run over us.
I agree that we have to be super lucky with well timed blitzes to find success against them.

That said, Jordan had a bit of a coming out party against KSU and if we can continue to see the edge pressure looks with some new stuff we are hopefully saving for them, who knows. We could keep it closer than I expect.

One thing about Clemson, that we haven’t shown yet under CGC is they know how to knuckle down and win contested, tight games. Would love to pick one off against them - I just don’t see it this year.

Then again, it’s only Monday. I have time for the juice to kick in.

Bleeds Black-n-Gold

Georgia Tech Fan
We have a quarterback complete 77% of his throws and 2 rushers go over 6 yards per carry and you're questioning whether we will beat anyone else?
so what - we beat up on Kennesaw State and you think that translates to the remaining teams on our schedule? Kennesaw isn't even a top 25 FCS team - we had them out manned at every position, yet we were getting stuffed in the middle - KSO only had 65 guys on the sideline - all of our big plays came on individual effort - next week in death valley against a top 10 team - we'll see how we do against the big boys

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We all like to look at the schedule and speculate, but after only two games it really is pointless. You can't step in the same GT twice. We don't know how good any of the teams will be playing the week we meet them, and we don't know yet what we are capable of. Disclaimer: Georgia and Clem are probably out of reach.