Serious Question RE: Wide Reciever

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so I hear announcers calling guys split out in the x and z wide receivers. But I notice in our offense that usually the X has single digit catches and blocks more than anything else.

So does that make him a TE? Or a OT? should we dispell the rumors that we have WR and just recruit more OT and put them out there?

Is this ESPN's doing? That we have WRs when we really don't, we have only 1 WR on the roster and the rest are TE or OTs. Could it be due to the SEC or Swofford?

i just think that the name WR, is wrong, considering that WR primary is to catch the ball and we have over 3 that have less than 5 catches.

LOL. I had to. Please no one respond to this....just feeling humorous

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Since we have A-backs and B-backs, maybe we need a name for our blocking wide receivers? Let see what we can come up with. I will start with a Wide Blocker or w-block. Not very imaginative, but spur of the moment.
What ya got??

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Funny story that has to do with our WRs. I was at the GT/Clemson game in 2009...the whiteout game where we stormed out to a lead and Clemson got right back into it on the shoulders of CJ Spiller (who is probably the fastest person I've seen in person on the football field). Anyhow...I was sitting in a section with the older GT Alumni crowd. One of them was clearly NOT a fan of CPJ's offense. After every play on offense, you could hear this guy criticizing the play call. "Another dive? How original!! I could call that and GT would save a lot of money!!" "Hey look...another running play! Hey Coach, you know they invented the forward pass!" On and on it went like that...and the rest of the section was pretty annoyed.

After about the 20th running play or so, he yells "Hey Demaryius! You need to call a timeout and transfer!" The whole section laughed at that one.