Series vs Leg Humpers

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was just reading a little history on the AJC. Do you realize we have lost the turnover battle to UGAg since 2001 by a margin of 31 to 12? Holy cow! I had no idea it was that bad. In fact, the only game we have won in the last 10 we won the TO battle 1-0 (2008). Every other contest we were in the negative. If you want a reason for the malaise, there it is.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
A punt block for a touchdown would be a great way to get back on track if you ask me. They have had a difficult time with special teams play. If we could force a few turnovers early, or get a punt block, we could put ourselves in a position to win.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Boom, but a lot of those turnovers were forced. Rambo had a field day the last couple of years.
Doesn't mean they didn't suck all the same (the TOs I mean). We need to force a few ourselves. In the most recent decade or so, there have been some close games that could have been swung our way if these were eliminated. I didn't know that stat was so, before reading the article. It surely clears the picture up for me. Nearly a 3 to 1 ratio for over a decade running is an amazingly lopsided stat. If you look at yards, first downs, TOP, and even points, it won't be that lopsided. How about we hang on to the ball this year! Sadly, it has been a bad year for us in general with TOs. It is time for the pendulum to swing the other way.

BonesGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Usually I'm for deferring to the second half when we win the toss, but for this game I would like to see us take the ball and try to score first. It seems like they often jump us early and we have to play catch up.