Sept. 8 Georgia Tech @ South Florida

GTFLETCH

Banned
It will probably be a noon game, but since it's not in Atlanta, it won't have much, if any, impact on Tech fans if it is.
It will have to be a Noon game as that is the only ABC slot left... Weird that they have not announced the ABC noon game yet... I wonder what the hold up is!! It appears that the AAC may be in-fighting what game is ABC and what is ESPN2 as they list Arizona at Houston ABC and ESPN2??????

Week 2: Penn State-Pitt and Colorado-Nebraska Rivalries Take Center Stage, Dabo Swinney and Jimbo Fisher Meet Again
ABC will feature two of college football’s oldest rivalries in week 2 as Penn State travels to Pitt (Sept. 8 at 8 p.m.) and Colorado heads to Nebraska (Sept. 8 at 3:30 p.m.). ABC’s Saturday Night Football will feature the 99th meeting between the Nittany Lions and the Panthers in a rivalry that was renewed the last two seasons, with both schools winning on their home field. Earlier in the day, the Buffaloes will take on the Cornhuskers for the first time since 2010 and 70th matchup overall.

Link
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...unces-early-season-college-football-schedule/

Last edited:

GTFLETCH

Banned
It appears to me that GT@ USF will air on ABC or ESPN2... It appear that either Zona @ Houston or GT @ USF will will be on ABC, the other ESPN2 at noon Sept 8th....when will the AAC/ESPN Announce it???

"ASU then hosts Michigan State on Sept. 8 in a game that will be aired on ESPN. Arizona also plays that Saturday but makes an early morning visit to Houston. That game will appear on either ESPN2 or ABC."

Link
http://arizonasports.com/story/1545...tv-schedule-kickoff-times-2018/?show=comments

GTFLETCH

Banned
Ok lil digging and here is the logic I am finding reverse mirror...I think it will be a reverse mirror partner at 12pm. Georgia Tech at USF will be on ABC on the East and ESPN2 in the west while Zona and Houston will be ABC in the west and ESPN2 in the East...
But why not announce it already.... something must be up..

From link:

TV assignments were left off Georgia Tech at USF and South Carolina St. at UCF on 9/8. Coincidentally, Arizona at Houston doesn't have a reverse mirror partner at 12pm. It would be a bit weird to have two games from the same conference in the reverse mirror. I don't think it was a classic reverse mirror scenario, but on 9/22/07 Penn St. at Michigan aired on ABC in nearly all markets except those in Ohio and Chicago, IL where Northwestern at Ohio St. aired on ABC instead, with the game not airing on ABC airing on ESPN2.

I would assume Georgia Tech at USF is the one being looked at for a reverse mirror. I don't know if there's an issue regarding the noon start in Tampa, or if the conference is requesting clarification as to the number of TV windows this counts for ABC if it is reverse mirrored instead of one game nationally on ABC. This is one case where the conference's sprawl works against it because there is a natural east-west split with programming Arizona-Houston out west and Georgia Tech-USF in the east.

Link
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2018/

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It is absurd we have, for 2 years in a row, scheduled away games against this conference.

The mighty ACC this year plays games @ Tulane / USF / western mich / Toledo / old dominion.

I think the sec has 1 away game @ Colorado State.

If we want a big time program, then we should play a big time schedule and not grovel to the AAC.

But Peterson wants GT fans to think mediocrity is a great thing. And he is too stupid to realize how it will impact the entire school.

It is absurd we have, for 2 years in a row, scheduled away games against this conference.

The mighty ACC this year plays games @ Tulane / USF / western mich / Toledo / old dominion.

I think the sec has 1 away game @ Colorado State.

If we want a big time program, then we should play a big time schedule and not grovel to the AAC.

But Peterson wants GT fans to think mediocrity is a great thing. And he is too stupid to realize how it will impact the entire school.
It's a home and home with USF, as it was (is) with UCF.

We should get a 2 for 1 with teams of this caliber.
UCF had one of the best teams in the country last year (#6); I was worried about them before our game with them got cancelled, and we're probably better off that it did. USF gave them a battle down to the wire in the AAC championship game, so I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention their "caliber." Are they, at least in general, the same caliber as a Bama or Auburn? No, but I bet neither Bama nor Auburn would want to play either of them. In fact, I know Auburn wouldn't want to play UCF (AGAIN), since they got beat last year 34-27 in the Peach Bowl. And we already know what UCF did to the mutts in the 2010 Liberty Bowl. Also, USF beat Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl last year. Also, SADLY, they probably fill up their stadiums, and we sure don't.

We should get a 2 for 1 with teams of this caliber.
UCF had one of the best teams in the country last year (#6); I was worried about them before our game with them got cancelled, and we're probably better off that it did. USF gave them a battle down to the wire in the AAC championship game, so I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention their "caliber." Are they, at least in general, the same caliber as a Bama or Auburn? No, but I bet neither Bama nor Auburn would want to play either of them. In fact, I know Auburn wouldn't want to play UCF (AGAIN), since they got beat last year 34-27 in the Peach Bowl. And we already know what UCF did to the mutts in the 2010 Liberty Bowl. Also, USF beat Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl last year. Also, SADLY, they probably fill up their stadiums, and we sure don't.