Sept 5th. 2017

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes, I can agree with that. Butch is already feeling the heat and a bad start would really make his seat get hotter than it already is. Losing to Vanderbilt will do that to you. Tennessee is one of those places where it always seems like there is something going on inside the building that keeps the program from achieving truly elite status. Heaven knows they have everything they need to succeed (except a really good recruiting base but they get players anyway)

It started with firing a good coach....and snowballed from there. One bad coaching change can leas to a decades long impact even at premier p5 programs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would make us prove we can pass the ball especially with a new QB and his game at VT. if he can't make them pay for that strategy then he is not the right guy. I don't see us dominating their DL so we will need some trickery and hit some passes.

The game plan is simple. We put in the passing QB if it makes sense based on how they play the first couple of plays on D or the option / running QB if it makes sense. And then change occasionally just to mess with them.

I am not a proponent of more than 2 QBs in a game on a regular basis, but maybe I could be proven wrong by three:whistle:

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Free Shoes and sa(t)an's Bammer will put on a slugfest slobberknocker, but Bammer still has the better overall depth. With it being an early season game though, I think Free Shoes has a great opportunity to knock off the crimson devil. And, from what I saw, FSU's QB is just a "little" better than Bammer's, although it is close.

Now, in our game, if our QB (and entire offense) show up ready to play without too many or too large of mistakes, I think we have a 60-65% chance of beating UT.

yea that game was disappointing. VT couldn't get out of their own way.
This is the perfect time to play Tennessee.
1. They have to replace their offense so they will be very slow coming out
2. They still have injuries on Defense
3. Their defense last year gave up huge numbers, particularly against the run
4. They have never played CPJ.
5. They are looking at this game as an easy win
6. Their coach knows if they lose this game then his seat explodes. They will be tight coming in.
7. They are the SEC East, one of the weakest in the Power 5.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't it be 33.333% Possible out comes 2-0, 0-2 or 1-1. Those are the only out comes. :D

(back when games could end in a tie, there would have been 3 more possible out comes 1-0-1, 0-1-1 and 0-0-2) ;)
Not sure if I'm 'taking the bait' here or not... but I'll nerd up. There are 4 possible outcomes (not 3):
1) GT win & FSU win
2) UT win & Bama win
3) GT win & Bama win
4) UT win & FSU win
so... if games were coin flips (they aren't), the odds of the #1 scenario above occurring is 25%.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Free Shoes and sa(t)an's Bammer will put on a slugfest slobberknocker, but Bammer still has the better overall depth. With it being an early season game though, I think Free Shoes has a great opportunity to knock off the crimson devil. And, from what I saw, FSU's QB is just a "little" better than Bammer's, although it is close.

Now, in our game, if our QB (and entire offense) show up ready to play without too many or too large of mistakes, I think we have a 60-65% chance of beating UT.

Not sure about Bama's depth. I think Clemson's 4th qtr exposed it. Bammer's starters hadn't had to play many late 4th qtr games, and they flat folded.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
It started with firing a good coach....and snowballed from there. One bad coaching change can leas to a decades long impact even at premier p5 programs.
I know Cutliffe is not well liked in these parts but I respect his coaching ability. Tennessee will rue the day, if they have not already, that they made the mistake of firing him. Tennessee is a good football program but they sure do some funny things sometimes.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if I'm 'taking the bait' here or not... but I'll nerd up. There are 4 possible outcomes (not 3):
1) GT win & FSU win
2) UT win & Bama win
3) GT win & Bama win
4) UT win & FSU win
so... if games were coin flips (they aren't), the odds of the #1 scenario above occurring is 25%.

Take the 2 off in front of the 5 for scenario number 1 and you just about got the real odds of that happening but then, the others don't look that good either. Can all of them lose?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
1) GT win & FSU win
2) UT win & Bama win
3) GT win & Bama win
4) UT win & FSU win
The question wasn't which specific teams would win but what the ACC record would be.
Thus I sick with the 3 possible ACC records for the FSU vs UA and the Tenn vs GT games.[emoji4]

Reminder of the
OP "What are the chances of the ACC being 2 - 0 from a weekend of football in ATL?"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The question wasn't which specific teams would win but what the ACC record would be.
Thus I sick with the 3 possible ACC records for the FSU vs UA and the Tenn vs GT games.[emoji4]

Reminder of the
OP "What are the chances of the ACC being 2 - 0 from a weekend of football in ATL?"

Fwiw, he's saying that 1-1 is more likely than 0-2 or 2-0 because there's two ways to get there.