Sensitive Forum

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn’t realize there was so many sensitive people in these forums. Can’t handle people’s opinions that differ from there’s and delete your post and threaten to kick you out

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Speaking of sensitive, you would not believe how many times we get a PM from someone we warned with not-so-nice messages.

Warnings are just that, warnings. It's a reminder that we have rules here and we want some semblance of order and civility. If that is not something you want, I can tell you this isn't the best place for you.

Deleted member 2897

Speaking of sensitive, you would not believe how many times we get a PM from someone we warned with not-so-nice messages.

Warnings are just that, warnings. It's a reminder that we have rules here and we want some semblance of order and civility. If that is not something you want, I can tell you this isn't the best place for you.

So in the future if someone is an ******* to people here, we shouldn’t tell them to stop being an *******? There have been many instances over time where nothing happens...until someone calls them on it and then both people get banned from that thread.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
So in the future if someone is an ******* to people here, we shouldn’t tell them to stop being an *******? There have been many instances over time where nothing happens...until someone calls them on it and then both people get banned from that thread.
Report the post and/or add the person on your ignore list. It's not your job to call people out; don't bring fire to a house on fire.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

My guess is that our forum is no different than the national stage. Liberals probably report posts which debate content as personal attacks.

Iiuc, that this is how conservatives are banned/shadow-banned from twitter and youtube.

So, if the same person gets reported several times by multiple people, then you can understand how mods might become biased. I have literally reported as personal attacks posts which begin like, "You always do [such and such negative]," without any reference to back it up, and received no response. The rule against personal attacks is apparently a rule of thunb.

However, I suspect most of the posts you have in mind are simply trolls. So, the real answer is to "ignore" the posts of the most unreasonable.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
This is a sensitive forum. Anyone who doesn't go with the masses gets blasted every time.

It doesn't bother me one bit though. Its an internet forum and if people are sensitive when someone challenges their logic or lack thereof so be it. I wouldn't block or ban anyone for that myself. I have only blocked one person on this forum so far and that just because they proved to be dishonest and immoral. I don't agree with the poster right above me hardly at all, but not going to block.

Deleted member 2897

This is a sensitive forum. Anyone who doesn't go with the masses gets blasted every time.

It doesn't bother me one bit though. Its an internet forum and if people are sensitive when someone challenges their logic or lack thereof so be it. I wouldn't block or ban anyone for that myself. I have only blocked one person on this forum so far and that just because they proved to be dishonest and immoral. I don't agree with the poster right above me hardly at all, but not going to block.

Well you think we are going 2-10 this year, so we definitely disagree on a lot of stuff.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Report the post and/or add the person on your ignore list. It's not your job to call people out; don't bring fire to a house on fire.
I do have one person on Ignore, and it has made my life in the forums MUCH more pleasant.

If someone is so ideological they cannot see facts....facts not opinions...then it is like wrestling with pigs. All that will happen is that they'll drag you into the mud with them, you'll wind up dirty and the pig will like it.

Deleted member 2897

I do have one person on Ignore, and it has made my life in the forums MUCH more pleasant.

If someone is so ideological they cannot see facts....facts not opinions...then it is like wrestling with pigs. All that will happen is that they'll drag you into the mud with them, you'll wind up dirty and the pig will like it.

The only person I ever put on ignore is one that called me a racist, bigot, ignorant, murderer and I can't remember what else. He's back off ignore now because while I disagree with his perspective on a lot of things, he hasn't used language like that against me in a long time. I've gotten temporarily banned on specific threads twice for telling people in those situations to stop being an *******. The latest one was a person who accused CPJ of playing dirty, teaching our kids to play dirty, and that our kids did break the rules and play dirty. Sad.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
The only person I ever put on ignore is one that called me a racist, bigot, ignorant, murderer and I can't remember what else. He's back off ignore now because while I disagree with his perspective on a lot of things, he hasn't used language like that against me in a long time. I've gotten temporarily banned on specific threads twice for telling people in those situations to stop being an *******. The latest one was a person who accused CPJ of playing dirty, teaching our kids to play dirty, and that our kids did break the rules and play dirty. Sad.

Our team may be a lot of things and our coach may be a lot of things but dirty is not one of them. Say what you want about the coach and our talent and our performance, it is all done with respect and dignity.

GT_EE78

Banned
upload_2018-9-26_16-38-48.jpeg
is this along the lines of thread topic?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a fun game. Go to the lounge and disagree with conservatives on pretty much anything. See how many ignores you can rack up in one day. You will have trouble beating my record.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a fun game. Go to the lounge and disagree with conservatives on pretty much anything. See how many ignores you can rack up in one day. You will have trouble beating my record.

That goes for liberals as well. And since I disagree with both a majority of the time I bet I can rack them up quick. And if I mention religion or sexuality I could get even more!

Deleted member 2897

That goes for liberals as well. And since I disagree with both a majority of the time I bet I can rack them up quick. And if I mention religion or sexuality I could get even more!

Disagreeing with people is never the problem. I love my friends on here who think differently than me. Just don’t be a big fat ******* ****** up ******* ******* and you won’t get reported, banned, or ignored. There’s a reason why only 1 person here has a problem with that. He specializes in vile personal attacks. It’s amazing he’s never been banned permanently.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Disagreeing with people is never the problem. I love my friends on here who think differently than me. Just don’t be a big fat ******* ****** up ******* ******* and you won’t get reported, banned, or ignored. There’s a reason why only 1 person here has a problem with that. He specializes in vile personal attacks. It’s amazing he’s never been banned permanently.

who is that?

Deleted member 2897

who is that?

Not you. We have disagreed a lot, and I think you have said some pretty provocative things I disagree with. But I've never heard you directly call people a murderer, racist, bigot, rapist defender, ignorant, etc. WreckInGT has done all of those and more, as recently as yesterday...to a female on here no less (among others).