Send Kids to the Quick Lane Bowl

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Ken S. tweeted out this link to a gofundme to send Detroit area kids to the Quick Lane Bowl. A Tech alumna has set this up and will buy a block from GTAA and send it to the Boll Family YMCA in Detroit.

https://www.gofundme.com/send-kids-to-the-quick-lane-bowl?member=1259494

Mrs. burdell151 is from the Detroit area so she was happy to have us contribute. Who knows...maybe we'll create a few lifelong Tech fans.

I bought two from Tech with the stipulation that one of them would be donated. I think my ticket rep said it would go to VetTix. Both that and the one mentioned above are definitely worthy causes. I HOPE the tickets donated to either group will actually be used, so that those who would not ordinarily be able to go will be filling those seats.

Deleted member 2897

I'm assuming they're buying these through Georgia Tech, as they reference the tickets costing $100/each. If they just use the money and buy a block through StubHub, they can likely buy them for $25/each. If you can stand to sit in the end zone, there are tons and tons of tickets for sale right now at $6/each (no joke). They could literally take 1,000 kids to the bowl if they bought them that way. Depends on if you want to maximize Georgia Tech's ticket credit versus kids attendance I suppose.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm assuming they're buying these through Georgia Tech, as they reference the tickets costing $100/each. If they just use the money and buy a block through StubHub, they can likely buy them for $25/each. If you can stand to sit in the end zone, there are tons and tons of tickets for sale right now at $6/each (no joke). They could literally take 1,000 kids to the bowl if they bought them that way. Depends on if you want to maximize Georgia Tech's ticket credit versus kids attendance I suppose.
The idea is a win/win...do something nice for kids in the Detroit area and also help put a dent in Tech's allotment. GTAA will also be sending the paid-for tickets directly. Based on the current total, 20 kids have tickets to the game.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the idea is definitely to accomplish both goals