Seems as if UConn

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
has been mentioned from time to time, by some, as somebody we should have considered adding to the ACC.

TV market (ha!) baloney, might encourage n.d. to join, expand our recruiting area nonsense. Everything except whether it would increase competition to benefit the league.

Now appears they are dropping football.

We actually wasted 2 game slots playing these numbnutz when we could have added meaningful games. Truly scary.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
has been mentioned from time to time, by some, as somebody we should have considered adding to the ACC.

TV market (ha!) baloney, might encourage n.d. to join, expand our recruiting area nonsense. Everything except whether it would increase competition to benefit the league.

We actually wasted 2 game slots playing these numbnutz when we could have added meaningful games. Truly scary.
According to ESPN last week UConn is going to leave the American Athletic Conference and join the Big East Conference in Men's and Women's Basketball and possibly go Independent for Football

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27030819/sources-uconn-expected-rejoin-big-east

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Let me preface this by saying I do NOT think UConn should've been added, especially after Syracuse was (even though Syracuse is farther away from NYC, they have a TON of alumni/presence in NYC). However, there is a strong argument that it's a better fit than Louisville - academically and geographically. UConn is MUCH better than Louisville academically, it would've actually been a wash with Maryland. The football history isn't all that much different, neither has really ever done much to get excited, although Louisville is much better overall. Hartford/New Haven is also a bigger TV market than Louisville BUT not as many people follow college. When UConn is decent interest does perk up though. Regardless, I don't think UConn should be (or should have been) admitted into the ACC, even though I would get a random game much closer to me from time to time.

Can you tell I didn't really approve of Louisville coming into the conference?

Milwaukee

Banned

Where exactly are you seeing they are dropping football?