Seeking contributors for GT Swarm!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
We are looking for a couple of folks who may be interested in becoming an editorial contributor for GT Swarm. This is a completely voluntary position (sorry, we don't generate any revenue) just like the rest of the moderating team who are all just fueled by our love of Georgia Tech. Of course, since this is voluntary, there is a lot of flexibility of how you can contribute. The only absolute requirement we have is that your contributions be objective as possible, factual, and hopefully thought-provoking and interesting. Putting it a slightly different way, if you want to write something that you think will generate more interest in Georgia Tech and hopefully help increase Georgia Tech's fanbase, we are really interested in hearing from you.

Requirements:
  • Love Georgia Tech with a passion
  • Objective and factual
  • Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation
  • Active member of the GT Swarm community
  • Can represent GT Swarm professionally
Ideally we are looking for:
  • Local to Atlanta metro area
  • Comfortable with writing articles/posts with at least 300 words
  • Comfortable with being peer edited by rest of staff (at least initially)
  • Submit new article at least once every 1-2 months
  • Play analysis and dissection
  • Post-game evaluation
  • Thick skin (yes, that's right)
Now, having written all that, I realize that is a pretty tall order but I still think there are quite a few of you who fit a lot of these ideals that we are looking for without much of a stretch. We are only looking for 2-3 contributing.

A couple of benefits include but may not be limited to:
  • Become an official staff/moderator
  • Provided with editorial credit
  • Credentialed access* to GT athletic media events
You can volunteer yourself by posting here or shooting CuseJacket and I a private message. Or, if you would like to nudge another member of this community because you typically find their posts to be insightful, you can also tag them here so that they get an alert the next time they visit. You can tag users by hitting the entering the @ followed by their username (ie. @John).

* Credentialed access to GT athletic media events is not guaranteed and can only be provided to those that have proven record of professionalism and objectivity.

Thanks for reading.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am not good at spelling, grammar, punctuation, or even complete sentences. I will still produce videos and vine video highlights of each game.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

Many thanks @awbuzz I appreciate that.

But I come up way too short in requirement #3 The grammar Nazi's would have a field day with me. Lol

I do agree with you about football and basketball with @Peacone36 being added. He is very knowledgeable in basketball as I have followed him over at The Hive. I wish we could Red over here. He's another one over there that would bring a lot to the table.

Baseball- @GTNavyNuke He brings the wood :) I don't mind helping him out. I could be(e) his bat boy

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I think my contributions are better served in a quick hit, real time manner. Admittedly, I'm primarily a content aggregator from twitter, online news stories, and what I watch on TV.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks for the votes of confidence, but ....... I have two football things (3rd down analysis and ST trending) and one baseball thing (Small ball stats) I've wanted to write up for a month ...... problem is time and focus. Damn real job keeps interfering and I'm just tired at the end of the day.

I'll be glad to sporadically contribute..... and don't worry about hurting my feeling (sic). I can ignore most anything :sneaky:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Many thanks @awbuzz I appreciate that.

But I come up way too short in requirement #3 The grammar Nazi's would have a field day with me. Lol

I do agree with you about football and basketball with @Peacone36 being added. He is very knowledgeable in basketball as I have followed him over at The Hive. I wish we could Red over here. He's another one over there that would bring a lot to the table.

Baseball- @GTNavyNuke He brings the wood :) I don't mind helping him out. I could be(e) his bat boy

I appreciate that man. It was a passion of mine for a long time to write about H.S. hoops in Maine on the dominant local board years ago, but with my current job I unfortunately no longer have the time to watch many games. I rely heavily on @dtm1997 for the gossip, that guy is a bloodhound.

I fall way short in the leaving emotions out of writing category as well.

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate that man. It was a passion of mine for a long time to write about H.S. hoops in Maine on the dominant local board years ago, but with my current job I unfortunately no longer have the time to watch many games. I rely heavily on @dtm1997 for the gossip, that guy is a bloodhound.

I fall way short in the leaving emotions out of writing category as well.
Do you live in Maine? My last job move was to Maine and I have been here for one year.