Section 225, Row 3 questions....

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
I just upgraded (?) my tickets from section 223L to 225, ROW 3 (sight unseen although I've seen the view from the website). I was near the 20 YD line now I'm supposedly on the 50 YD line and 3 rows from the concrete wall in the upper deck on the East side. I appreciate the upper deck EAST is very low and good seats....but my two questions are....
  1. Do you think it is an upgrade to go from the 20 YD line to the 50 YD line?
  2. What is it like in Section 225, Row 3?

I just upgraded (?) my tickets from section 223L to 225, ROW 3 (sight unseen although I've seen the view from the website). I was near the 20 YD line now I'm supposedly on the 50 YD line and 3 rows from the concrete wall in the upper deck on the East side. I appreciate the upper deck EAST is very low and good seats....but my two questions are....
  1. Do you think it is an upgrade to go from the 20 YD line to the 50 YD line?
  2. What is it like in Section 225, Row 3?
I have had the same seats in Sec 225, Row 26 since 1968, and I LOVE them. They were originally on the 50 yard line, until they shifted the playing field. So I am now on the south 40 yard line. I still love them, except it's becoming more an more a strenuous climb up to them. I would think that Row 3 would be awesome; I need to think about trying to move down some next year. So yes, I think it is an upgrade to go from the 20 to the 50.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I have been sitting in section 225, row 1 on the 50 since 1974. I call my seat the best in college football. I don't know what concrete wall you are talking about, but I rarely look up behind me. You have made a major improvement in your position.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These are the best viewing seats in the house. Close to the field and elevated.

The only down side is the Sun. If not for the sun's location during games before 7:00, this is were I would sit.

I think the next best seats are 105 to 107 right below the railing. This is the next best height to field closeness. These seat are shaded after 1stq 3:00 games.

The best sun shielded seats are at the top of 105 to 107. You trade visibility or closeness for shade. You can find shade here even during 12:00 games.

Last but not least, I went old man and bought a straw hat... I cannot recommend enough the Panama Jack straw hat from Dicks. Shade and air flow for the win... fashion not withstanding.

These are the best viewing seats in the house. Close to the field and elevated.

The only down side is the Sun. If not for the sun's location during games before 7:00, this is were I would sit.

I think the next best seats are 105 to 107 right below the railing. This is the next best height to field closeness. These seat are shaded after 1stq 3:00 games.

The best sun shielded seats are at the top of 105 to 107. You trade visibility or closeness for shade. You can find shade here even during 12:00 games.

Last but not least, I went old man and bought a straw hat... I cannot recommend enough the Panama Jack straw hat from Dicks. Shade and air flow for the win... fashion not withstanding.
Is the hat gold? LOL