Secondary Teams

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have a secondary team they follow throughout the season besides Tech? We all know Mike's a big Tennessee fan and ilovetheoption is a UVA guy but was wondering about anyone else.

I'm thinking about following Wisconsin more closely than just checking scores this year. High expectations and my Dad is from Green Bay and I lived in Waukesha for 2 years. May follow Bucky for the first time.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
How they looking? How close do you follow them? Lovie gonna make it?

Anyone that says Lovie is on the hot seat is literally an idiot. Illinois was a hot steaming pile of **** when Lovie inherited it. Coach played ppl with concussions and locker room was a mess. Last year they started 15 underclass men. Should be steps forward, but they still have a brutal schedule this year. Next year is make or break.

The poles shouldn't have title contentions like last year, but with the rest of the big 12 contenders also losing a lot, o think they got a shot at another great season

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have a secondary team they follow throughout the season besides Tech? We all know Mike's a big Tennessee fan and ilovetheoption is a UVA guy but was wondering about anyone else.

I'm thinking about following Wisconsin more closely than just checking scores this year. High expectations and my Dad is from Green Bay and I lived in Waukesha for 2 years. May follow Bucky for the first time.
I follow the Kennesaw State Owls also;):cool:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Anyone that says Lovie is on the hot seat is literally an idiot. Illinois was a hot steaming pile of **** when Lovie inherited it. Coach played ppl with concussions and locker room was a mess. Last year they started 15 underclass men. Should be steps forward, but they still have a brutal schedule this year. Next year is make or break.

The poles shouldn't have title contentions like last year, but with the rest of the big 12 contenders also losing a lot, o think they got a shot at another great season
I think 6-6 and a trip to the Quick Lane Bowl is possible for Illinois;)

Milwaukee

Banned

Wisconsin is loaded and their schedule sets up this year, unlike last year. They have most of their big games at home. I have to follow them and the Packers for work purposes taking clients to games. This state has awesome sports fans.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow

As a kid watching football via the rabbit ears, you didn't get to watch too much Tech football, or much of anybody else... Just a few games were featured each Saturday, so you grew to like one of the regional powerhouses. In the '70s I liked USCw because they had some exciting running backs who were always sure bets to make it to the NFL (Marcus Allen, Charlie White, etc.). Pitt was a favorite of mine as well. By the time the '80s rolled around (still using rabbit ears), I grew to like USCe and Michigan State. Like Tech, both were considered the "2nd" team in their respective states, so I kind of followed them for that. These days, it's hard not to follow Clemson. My wife taught a member of their national championship team back when he was in 3rd grade, so she turned into a Clemson fan once he started seeing some playing time (he scored the winning TDs against both UGA and Ohio State as a sophomore). Generally, I pull for Clemson when they're not playing Tech, but still prefer the Gamecocks.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Having my dads side all from West Virginia, and being named after a town there, I’m a mountaineer fan on the side. Back when tech played wvu in 2007 was a real treat. I pulled for tech more though.