SECCG - Ambivalence, I have arrived - my hate rant

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
They’re both very physical teams. That’s what Tech lacks tremendously. Bama and ugag aren’t afraid to hit and they body tackle with power. They don’t try an arm tackle or run with you to push you ob like Tech does. Our physicality is atrocious IMO

I agree. When we try to put a lick on people it looks like we are trying hard (and sometimes gets a penalty because of it.) Bama just hit hard without looking like they were over-extending. The drove through the hit and it was just a different level.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
They’re both very physical teams. That’s what Tech lacks tremendously. Bama and ugag aren’t afraid to hit and they body tackle with power. They don’t try an arm tackle or run with you to push you ob like Tech does. Our physicality is atrocious IMO
It seems to me that the good defenses today tackle low so much of the time. The recovery of the 'bama players at times was awsome, they're fast/quick. If we're moving from a system based to a player based system, sounds to me like we need to recruit, recruit, recruit. You don't do that overnight from where we are coming from IMO. Probably what Todd is trying to say to people.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If uga had not scored the last touchdown and got beat 17-41, they would be out. After UM wins they are 1, Bama 2, Natti 3, and leg humpers 4. Would be a better discussion for them being left out had Ok St won. ND will be 5 and Ohio St 6.

slugboy

Staff member
CBS predicting Alabama will be No 1.
Really feels like Michigan is getting shafted
I see the occasional
1. Mich
2. Bama
3. UGA
4. Cincinnati

which I would be OK with. Pro—guaranteed a non-SEC team in the championship. Con—guaranteed one SEC team in the championship

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just want to see uGag having to play Bama and Michigan to win the championship. I think that will happen since 1) if Cincy is #4, uGag is #3 or 2) if Cincy is #3 then uGag is #4. And of course, I'm assuming that Cincy loses their game.

After yesterday, I'm much more hopeful that uGag will be denied again. But they have such a monster recruiting class it seems only a matter of time till their talent overcomes their coaching. But please, just not this year!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 11762

Bama did show that if you can block them up front, and have wide recievers win 1-1, uga is very beatable. I don't know how many teams are capable of that. I'll be cheering for UM or Cincy to find ways to expose the uga secondary in the playoffs.
Yes. I kept thinking through the whole game that having a really good quarterback who is very accurate and has a quick release is the key. Georgia was only out of position on two or three plays, everything else was do to a level of execution by Bama that was stunning. Hate to say it but it was almost pro level execution. Can they do that two games in a row against Georgia?

My hope now is that Georgia’s confidence has been shaken to the core by this undressing on national TV.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Could ND get bumped up to #4 and make the playoffs? and leave the DWAGs out? Their only loss was to Cincy
Not to quote myself, but I realized if ND was part of the ACC they would have played for a conference championship last night and probably would have beat either of those two teams. Or at least had a chance to fix their earlier season loss to Pitt. That would have increase their resume and probably bumped them up into the playoffs.

Being independent just cost them big time

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If uga had not scored the last touchdown and got beat 17-41, they would be out. After UM wins they are 1, Bama 2, Natti 3, and leg humpers 4. Would be a better discussion for them being left out had Ok St won. ND will be 5 and Ohio St 6.
Yeah, I was dismayed to see them score their last TD. It's the one that squeaked them into the playoffs. I was thinking they needed to lose by at least 3TD's. And they would have, if Saban had needed to beat them that bad. But unfortunately, all he needed was a one-point win.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to quote myself, but I realized if ND was part of the ACC they would have played for a conference championship last night and probably would have beat either of those two teams. Or at least had a chance to fix their earlier season loss to Pitt. That would have increase their resume and probably bumped them up into the playoffs.

Being independent just cost them big time
ND didnt lose to pitt

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
the reason bama beat uga, is because they were able to block their pass rush and just torch their untested secondary. this was by far the best offense uga has faced this year and uga didnt know what to do.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Notre Dame SOS was top 25. Only loss to an undefeated playoff team.

UGA SOS was barely top 50. Only loss to a 1 loss playoff team.

The one common opponent ND looked better.

UGA doesn’t deserve to be there if they can’t win their own conference. 🤷‍♂️ But we all know how this will play out.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame SOS was top 25. Only loss to an undefeated playoff team.

UGA SOS was barely top 50. Only loss to a 1 loss playoff team.

The one common opponent ND looked better.

UGA doesn’t deserve to be there if they can’t win their own conference. 🤷‍♂️ But we all know how this will play out.
Same old song, verse 25. SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt because of all the people shilling for them.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
A friend reported the following to me. He has season tickets to the Falcons and always goes the night before to spend the night in a hotel. This morning at breakfast he noticed that uga staff was having breakfast in an adjoining conference room with the door closed. He could hear shouting and Kirby Smart giving it to his assistants. He reports there was push back from other coaches around the “mistreatment” of a player. Kirby was enraged that the player in question had missed a defensive signal call from the sideline. My friend said the level of yelling was embarrassing to others getting breakfast.

Don’t know what that means and take it for what it is worth but a possible inside glimpse of the beast.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
A friend reported the following to me. He has season tickets to the Falcons and always goes the night before to spend the night in a hotel. This morning at breakfast he noticed that uga staff was having breakfast in an adjoining conference room with the door closed. He could hear shouting and Kirby Smart giving it to his assistants. He reports there was push back from other coaches around the “mistreatment” of a player. Kirby was enraged that the player in question had missed a defensive signal call from the sideline. My friend said the level of yelling was embarrassing to others getting breakfast.

Don’t know what that means and take it for what it is worth but a possible inside glimpse of the beast.
I wonder if it was what I saw on TV last night. Kirby was chewing out one of the guys real bad last night.
My bet is that something about the game plan.
But either way, this is about on par for UGA anyways , always choke when it comes to Alabama

jacketz212

Jolly Good Fellow

I wish CGC had 1/10th of Kirby’s intensity

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

FWIW? Probably not much but if the player in question is the one who left the middle of the field wide open for Williams to catch a ball without anyone within 10 yards of him and go down the sidelines like a rocket, he probably deserved it. I don't know if UGA will get a chance for redemption against the Tide as they may have to play Michigan first but if they do they better put their best man on Williams and their second best on him too for good measure because that guy is a football player. While they are at it, they can thank their lucky stars that the other one is done for the season. It won't matter if they don't figure out a way to get pressure on Young.