SEC Bias!!!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I noticed in the most recent AP poll that even sitting at 5-4, we received 6 voting points. I looked up who actually voted for us and it turns out it was just 1 pollster who slotted us in at #20. The journalist who voted for us was Lauren Shute of SEC Country.

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/2017

I just thought it was interested that we actually got points with our record.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I noticed in the most recent AP poll that even sitting at 5-4, we received 6 voting points. I looked up who actually voted for us and it turns out it was just 1 pollster who slotted us in at #20. The journalist who voted for us was Lauren Shute of SEC Country.

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/2017

I just thought it was interested that we actually got points with our record.
If GT would have beaten Tennessee they would be in the T0p 25

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have 2 bad losses (one which I feel like even pollsters still see as a wtf game in UT). After the rankings tonight our 2 other losses will be to two teams in the top 4. One of those losses coming on an absurd 4th down play to a team that just thrashed the previous #3 team. Our overall record is ugly, and there's no getting around that, but its not as bad as it seems. If we had played UCF we could be the only loss to a top 25 team or maybe we lose that game and our record is worse. Overall strength of schedule for us this year has been pretty insane.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What do y'all think GT's situation would be right now if they had beaten Tennessee and were 6-3 right now? I think GT would probably be ranked right now between #20-#25. I think if GT could have finished 8-3 the way things look now they could have been in the Citrus Bowl against Mississippi State or Kentucky if they go 9-3.