Season Tickets SOLD OUT

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

(yes I realize it's a bit of a hyperbole since you can still get 6 game season ticket packs but the full season ticket packs with the CFA game are sold out)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
First, if the season tickets are sold out, great, tell me the number sold, we would love to know to compare to other years?

Second, If they are sold out, why are there BDS 6 game season ticket packages available? Basically, they are not sold out.

What this article should say, is season tickets that COME with the UT ticket are sold out :) BDS season tickets are still around since we have eaten up our UT allotment....

With all that said, I am glad we sold as many as we did, but I have a bad feeling alot of the shipping address's are to UT And UGA fans....just saying

Milwaukee

Banned
First, if the season tickets are sold out, great, tell me the number sold, we would love to know to compare to other years?

Second, If they are sold out, why are there BDS 6 game season ticket packages available? Basically, they are not sold out.

What this article should say, is season tickets that COME with the UT ticket are sold out :) BDS season tickets are still around since we have eaten up our UT allotment....

With all that said, I am glad we sold as many as we did, but I have a bad feeling alot of the shipping address's are to UT And UGA fans....just saying

On a scale from reduced sodium peanuts to Pringles, how salty would you say you are?

That's my corny joke of the day. Thanks folks.

Animal02

Banned
For what it is worth......I was looking for tickets for homecoming. There was not much available except for the upper reaches of the stadium. Ended up buying on StubHub (5 tickets together) for the same had I purchased through GT, but am in lower level east row 10.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Can't sell season tickets with ChicFilA cause it's sold out? Did you figure that out on your own?

sorry

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Can't sell season tickets with ChicFilA cause it's sold out? Did you figure that out on your own?

sorry

nah the chik fila was included at a cap...its semantics...they were capped below the BDS season ticket number...so its really a bit of a bonus ticket vs pure season ticket. BDS has around ~38000-40000 season tickets to release any given year or so. I believe we were capped at 30k. That is why I wanted the number of sales...I am curious...

Another way to look at it is the first 30000 GT season ticket purchases get the UT game...after you don't. But GT doesn't market it that way...however thats reality.

crut

Helluva Engineer
We know GT has sold at least 37,500 season tickets. 30K for the original Tennessee allotment, 5K for the 1st request for more tickets, 2.5 for the 2nd request for more tickets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that seems like that's where we are at.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We know GT has sold at least 37,500 season tickets. 30K for the original Tennessee allotment, 5K for the request for more tickets, 2.5 for the 2nd request for more tickets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that seems like that's where we are at.

Its a great question. That is exactly why I am asking for the numbers. I would love to know if its 30, 35 etc. We cap at around 38-40k in BDS seasons, because you have to take out the students and visiting sections from the 55.

Let me tell you, all the years I was on the board, I don't EVER recall coming close to hitting 35-38k for seaons...ever...28/29 was like the highest IIRC and we used to famously say we can rely on 23k. One year i think we reported 30k but that included the gold section which we only sold for a year or two (my idea ;)

crut

Helluva Engineer
Its a great question. That is exactly why I am asking for the numbers. I would love to know if its 30, 35 etc. We cap at around 38-40k in BDS seasons, because you have to take out the students and visiting sections from the 55.

Let me tell you, all the years I was on the board, I don't EVER recall coming close to hitting 35-38k for seaons...ever...28/29 was like the highest IIRC and we used to famously say we can rely on 23k. One year i think we reported 30k but that included the gold section which we only sold for a year or two (my idea ;)

IIRC season ticket sales in 2015 (post Orange Bowl) were around 34K

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
IIRC season ticket sales in 2015 (post Orange Bowl) were around 34K

yeah you are right...it was like 33-34k. It was like a 15 year high too. I forgot about that. Normally we are in the 28-29 range.

so there is a chance, then, this year we did hit that or higher...that is awesome

now we have to keep those fans

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I am a season ticket holder and I wasn't. I don't think this is the case.

I ordered 4 additional tickets to the game. In the original season ticket order, you could put in a quantity of requested tickets, but weren't allowed to purchase them until July. I got an email in July stating that I could call and order the tickets, so I did.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I ordered 4 additional tickets to the game. In the original season ticket order, you could put in a quantity of requested tickets, but weren't allowed to purchase them until July. I got an email in July stating that I could call and order the tickets, so I did.

Weird. I didn't have that option.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
from AJC ... "fans can buy a six-game season-ticket package which includes all six games played at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Six-game season-ticket packages start at $220.

Fans can also buy Flex Packs and purchase tickets to three or more games at Bobby Dodd Stadium this fall. Flex Packs begin at $125.

Single-game tickets are also available for purchase for home games against Jacksonville State (Sept. 9), Pitt (Sept. 23), North Carolina (Sept. 30), Wake Forest (Oct. 21) and Virginia Tech (Nov. 11). Single-game tickets start at $15 for Jacksonville State and $40 for conference games."