Article Season Preview: Boston College

gtdrew

Banned
This will be the first of an extensive series that I, on behalf of gtswarm.com, will be posting here, covering both the position groupings on our own team and a team overview of every other team in the ACC. I begin, in alphabetical order, with Boston College.

When SR QB Chase Rettig came to Boston College some years ago, I'd bet any amount of money he had visions of Matt Ryan dancing in his head. Having a chance to follow the former All ACC phenom had to have Rettig thinking of shaking Roger Goodell's hand very early in this past NFL draft. Unfortunately, the difference between a dream and a nightmare is not much at all. Playing behind a clunky, mismanaged offensive line, with very little skill talent to take the pressure off, Rettig has found the garden much tougher to tend than his predecessor. New Coach Steve Addazio (formerly of Temple) has stated that he intends to put Rettig in "better position to compete," but one must wonder if, like former Mississippi St QB Chris Relf, Rettig is too far down his path to turn around a once promising career. Addazio's intention of installing a more balanced offense in the spring was quickly thrown by the wayside, as his lack of depth at running back was quickly exposed. Sr. wideout Alex Amidon returns to Chestnut Hills to complete his college career. He is probably Rettig's most dependable target.

On defense, Addazio brings in standout DC hire Don Brown, who's traversed the mid atlantic circuit like Ole Anderson, including stops at Maryland and UConn. Brown, a proponent of the blitz happy scheme perpetuated by the likes of Jon Tenuta, brings attitude and discipline to a unit that looked lost at times last season, finishing 9th in total defense in the ACC last year at just over 465 yds. per game given up last year. SR linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis is probably the standout of this unit, but coaches will be looking for playmaker on that side of the ball.

This season doesn't lend itself much to optimism in beantown, as Addazio tries to retrofit personnel left to him by the Spaziani administration. But Addazio, known nationally as a molten-hot recruiter at both Florida and Temple, has the long term outlook much brighter than its been in years. The only question is will he bolt for another job before he can harvest the seeds he'll plant this year.

Predicted record: 4-8.
Predicted finish- 6th in ACC Atlantic.

gtdrew

Banned
I saw that preview. I have them beating syracuse, but losing to Wake. Those two games are interchangeable, but I dont see them winning both...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That's cool. I always like comparing insider and outsider perspectives. I think Myerberg had BC at like 100 of 125 nationally.