Season Prediction

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hope I'm wrong, but I see us going 9-4 out of conference and 7-11 in conference and maybe an NIT bid.

Hope I'm way off
I think that this is about right, but if we get some breaks then I could see 10-8 or 11-7 in conference. I think that the program is just one year away from becoming a real threat for the ACC crown.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
It's really hard to tell much about ACC games before anyone has actually played, but I think our ceiling is 10-8 and bottom is 7-11. That's based on our schedule (incl home / away bias) and a lot of whiskey-induced confidence in my ability to predict performance three months out. :)

GTFLETCH

Banned
Hope I'm wrong, but I see us going 9-4 out of conference and 7-11 in conference and maybe an NIT bid.

Hope I'm way off

Well you have GT Basketball finishing better than I think.... With JO & TJ out we will go 6-6 OOC at best, most likely 4-8....

Season might be over before it even starts!!

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we will struggle once we hit league play. The ACC, by far, the strongest conference in basketball. I foresee us just going under .500. We will have a health OOC record, however. I say 8-9 wins. I think we win 17-19 games, at most.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that we finally know about the two suspensions I say we go 11-2 out of conference and 9-9 in conference for a 20-11 going into the ACC tourney. We may be pretty good by then.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Now that we finally know about the two suspensions I say we go 11-2 out of conference and 9-9 in conference for a 20-11 going into the ACC tourney. We may be pretty good by then.
Who is the other loss to OOC? Northwestern? They are good but I'm worried about our current students not realizing how good Northwestern has gotten at basketball. That game will set the tone for the season and we need McCamish going crazy like it was for games towards the end of last season.

I am between losing 3 and 4. In addition to UCLA, I'm thinking Northwestern, UGA, and I'm on the fence for Tennessee. If we assume a win against Tennessee, maybe we lose a game we shouldn't (@Wofford?)...9-4 OOC.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Who is the other loss to OOC? Northwestern? They are good but I'm worried about our current students not realizing how good Northwestern has gotten at basketball. That game will set the tone for the season and we need McCamish going crazy like it was for games towards the end of last season.

I am between losing 3 and 4. In addition to UCLA, I'm thinking Northwestern, UGA, and I'm on the fence for Tennessee. If we assume a win against Tennessee, maybe we lose a game we shouldn't (@Wofford?)...9-4 OOC.

With Josh and Jax back for the UGA game I can’t imagine we lose to them. They are probably the worst team in the SEC.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
^ I hate uga but really? That’d seem a little crazy with maten back but would love for it to be the case.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Auburn? Miss St? LSU? I'll be honest, not real familiar with the west teams yet this year but seems like some of them should be pretty weak.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Sidenote : there are about 52 people at the UCSB - Pitt game.
I saw people on reddit saying Pitt basketball games now make their football games look crowded by comparison. Their claimed attendances for football is average ~52% capacity at Heinz field. That athletics program is a mess