Season in review.

LOL because it would be extremely foolish to even try...Let the coaches coach. Let's just support the team huh? Better times are ahead. If you're not with us, I don't want to hear you next year when we're playing next weekend in Charlotte :)
Like I said, a good OC takes risks. That is not being foolish. I frankly have seen nothing this year that would even indicate a chance of us being in Charlotte next year, but if we are there, I can assure I will be there too.

Techfan889

Georgia Tech Fan
The problem with that argument is that he never even tried.
Trust me, if there's one man who likes throwing the ball all over the yard it's CDP. If you look back to last year those guys threw for over 500 yards against UCF, who's a pretty good team, and had over 17 explosive plays. It WILL come, just need the guys to do it. We're in good hands

Trust me, if there's one man who likes throwing the ball all over the yard it's CDP. If you look back to last year those guys threw for over 500 yards against UCF, who's a pretty good team, and had over 17 explosive plays. It WILL come, just need the guys to do it. We're in good hands
Any OC who rotates QBs through the 5th game of the season, often even rotating them within a given series of downs, sure doesn't sound like being in good hands to me.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you this losing to Georgia by 45 points at home will not sit well with the old line Tech folks. Collins best not repeat that performance or it will be his last as the Head Coach of Georgia Tech.

Go Jackets!

This is always so funny to me. This mythical all powerful cabal in a smoke filled back room calling the shots. If these guys exist please tell them they suck because our hoops have been a disaster for over a decade, our baseball coach should have been gone years ago, and our stadium was just turned red. The one good thing this cabal did was hire a coach who actually cares about bringing in high level Georgia high school players. You may also want to tell them that if they tell GT to accept qualified Georgia high school students into the school that maybe our fan base would grow in a few years instead of trying to be the UN of the south. But I guess they’d rather family after family turn from GT lines into UGA lines.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow

Last year ,2018,Temples offense was ranked 70.

DP’s stats don’t back you up. A game here and there is not consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

83jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This is always so funny to me. This mythical all powerful cabal in a smoke filled back room calling the shots. If these guys exist please tell them they suck because our hoops have been a disaster for over a decade, our baseball coach should have been gone years ago, and our stadium was just turned red. The one good thing this cabal did was hire a coach who actually cares about bringing in high level Georgia high school players. You may also want to tell them that if they tell GT to accept qualified Georgia high school students into the school that maybe our fan base would grow in a few years instead of trying to be the UN of the south. But I guess they’d rather family after family turn from GT lines into UGA lines.
Completely agree with you with what GT is doing from an admissions standpoint. Alabama built an engineering school with kids from Georgia that GT would not accept, now UGA is doing the same thing.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We’ve reached peak Collins apologia if we are disregarding SOS-adjusted offensive performance from Temple so that we can pretend Pnut is a great OC

Pretending he needs to be fired yr 1 while working with a fragmented, disjointed offense is even worst

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we win against Citadel and nothing else changes there is much less angst.

If we find ways to be Citadel, Pitt, and UVA then we're bowling.

If wishes were fishes....

The next season starts on signing day. Til then decisions about coaches and staff habe to be made. Hopefully loyalty to Pnut does not become the issue that loyalty to sewak was.

Onwards and upwards

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You ought to go look at the AT fund gifts page in the program. You can find the names right there of some of the folks calling the shots. Others choose to be anonymous, even though we know who they are (Dewberry, for instance).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I posted this is the wrong thread earlier:

I think the team progressed this year. The OL was a MASH ward almost all season. The DL was undersized and inexperienced from the start. We all knew the season was problematic in ways that could not be schemed around.

We still do not have our QB. Perhaps one of our young guys will be the answer, but I am not there yet.

We have got to find a kicker.

The rest is not so bad. While we made mistakes in coverages this year, the DBs are pretty good. LB is just OK and could get considerably better next year. The DL was so bad it put too much pressure on our LBs.

We are loaded at RB. The WR position is pretty good and recruits will make it better.

It is hard to judge how well our coaches did this year. The talent pool was so shallow they had few options to what they did.

Finally, if Paul Johnson had stayed another year I think we would have been calling for him to be fired. He knew what was going to happen.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Completely agree with you with what GT is doing from an admissions standpoint. Alabama built an engineering school with kids from Georgia that GT would not accept, now UGA is doing the same thing.

Wrong. Alabama built an engineering school because the State of Alabama needs engineers to support the automotive and aviation industries in Alabama. And Auburn is maxed out.

Tech should have built out its Savannah campus but never did. Tech is capped too because of its location. Had it expanded elsewhere, UGA would not have an engineering school.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Heck, I had a UGA fan guess over half the plays we ran, before we ran them. That's pretty embarrassing.
My son and I started competing about 10 years ago calling the plays ahead of time. There were some posters on here that dissected the offense well and based on D alignment we got pretty good. We’d hit about 40-45% most of the time. The pinnacle was the Orange Bowl where we called 58 plays correctly. Miss St was just too easy. We were at 42 yesterday. I believe that was the highest percentage we ever hit. The extremes between the two games were stark indeed though as it was 3 solid hrs of heckling Miss St fans prior to the snap. No so much yesterday.