Searcy

Deleted member 2897

Haha dont understand that. They are men right? Take it as constructive criticism. Didn't know they were so sensitive. I support our players, but when they mess up they mess up. I want people to tell me I messed up at work. That way I know I'm on the hot seat. Get my act together.

Do you have a full plate of Georgia Tech academic rigor all week long you're also responsible for on top of your work responsibilities? When you mess up at work do they go **** on your wall across your social media accounts and on the internet? Or do your boss and your colleagues just speak to you privately at work?

Animal02

Banned
Do you have a full plate of Georgia Tech academic rigor all week long you're also responsible for on top of your work responsibilities? When you mess up at work do they go **** on your wall across your social media accounts and on the internet? Or do your boss and your colleagues just speak to you privately at work?
There seems to be a growing numbers of a holes that think they are entitled to denegrate individual players. Same group of arm chair coaches that just know which players are best to put on the field because they saw then run a few plays.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't you have anything better to do than to call out a player like this? The kids (players) follow social media and these boards.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
No, but I am confronted in a meeting with the team. We have openly mentioned In meetings when someone drops the ball. I'm supposed to keep quiet when a team I have put money into isnt performing and a player is underperforming? With college teams anyone who donates has a stake in the team. (More than just buying season tickets.) If I think the coach isn't pulling the right moves then I hope the player sees the criticism and it lights a fire in his butt. Cuz obviously whatever they are doing now is not working.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No, but I am confronted in a meeting with the team. We have openly mentioned In meetings when someone drops the ball. I'm supposed to keep quiet when a team I have put money into isnt performing and a player is underperforming? With college teams anyone who donates has a stake in the team. (More than just buying season tickets.) If I think the coach isn't pulling the right moves then I hope the player sees the criticism and it lights a fire in his butt. Cuz obviously whatever they are doing now is not working.
You donate because you want to. It entitles you to nothing.

Deleted member 2897

No you don’t have to be quiet and not complain. Nobody is stating otherwise.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The biggest issue with that fumble/td was the blocking or complete lack of it. 2 seconds after the snap there are 9 players on the ground, 8 wearing navy. The playside LB had a straight line unfettered run at Quay. The hit came just as he was catching the pitch. I don’t fault him too much for dropping it.

Exactly right. He was hit about two milliseconds after the pitch arrived. Not his fault.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha dont understand that. They are men right? Take it as constructive criticism. Didn't know they were so sensitive. I support our players, but when they mess up they mess up. I want people to tell me I messed up at work. That way I know I'm on the hot seat. Get my act together.

There is a proper way to do this. I think the social media attacks, which are particularly brutal, drive the pushback against what I think is normal football talk. Not saying you were improper but Searcy is one of the most popular players on the team and his leap sealed that deal.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Exactly right. He was hit about two milliseconds after the pitch arrived. Not his fault.
If its not the runners fault, if it's not a bad pitch, could we have been Clemsoned!

Those Dl guys that skipped the draft to stay seem to really love playing at clemson.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If its not the runners fault, if it's not a bad pitch, could we have been Clemsoned!

Those Dl guys that skipped the draft to stay seem to really love playing at clemson.

We were indeed Clemsoned in our own backfield. Most of the 8 fumbles were the fault of whomsoever was carrying the ball, but the one they recovered (and scored on) was not. I shudder to think of how bad it would have been had they recovered the other 7 as well.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As a mod speaking for myself, I think it's fair to discuss his fumbles. Those are facts and they happened.

So, I think we all agree something is up with searcy. Is it getting over the hump to get a good win? I don't understand the sudden onslaught of fumbelitis. There have been 2 big games where he has cost us. Do we let him sit and have lynch and cottrell start, bring searcy in on passing only? Hes been okay to good on pass catching, but awful once receiving a pitch.
However your OP leads off several incorrect assumptions and pure conjecture:
  1. So, I think we all agree something is up with searcy.
  2. There have been 2 big games where he has cost us.
  3. Hes been okay to good on pass catching, but awful once receiving a pitch.
If you can recognize the Quantum leaps you made (pun intended) at the outset of this thread, beyond simply inquiring about his fumbles, then you'll understand the replies and backlash.