Searcy

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So, I think we all agree something is up with searcy. Is it getting over the hump to get a good win? I don't understand the sudden onslaught of fumbelitis. There have been 2 big games where he has cost us. Do we let him sit and have lynch and cottrell start, bring searcy in on passing only? Hes been okay to good on pass catching, but awful once receiving a pitch.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Probably just indicative of the overall fog the team is in. He'll get out of it. Plus at least 2 of his fumbles weren't his fault in my estimation. Got pitched the ball out of self-defense with a defender charging down at just the right time. Not much he could've done.

Plus I'll never forget the leap so he'll always be 'good' with me. :D

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Only real one I can remember is the USF game. That was a call security issue a SR shouldn’t have. Last week was a horrible pitch that set him up.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Searcy has 6 fumbles in his career on 129 touches (carries, receptions, & returns). Overall, these are excellent numbers. At issue is that half (3) of his career fumbles have occurred on 16 touches this season. I'm inclined to believe Qua will recover and we shouldn't be to concerned about his ball handling. (Caveat being that the pitches need to get better, which I don not blame Qua for)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Seems like he’s had more this season that he’s been lucky to not lose either. I appreciate what he does/did for us but pretty much every other player would get benched for this and I’m not sure it sets a good precedent for younger players that he’s still out there as much as he is.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I still have his newspaper clipping of the Leap.

I hope he can turn his play around this season. He did make every tech fan scream with joy at least once.

Deleted member 2897

Go back and watch tape of Clemson’s defensive TD. Qua (I think it was) got hit and fumbled and was tackled to the ground. It was HE who got up, hustled, and beat every other Tech player back to the ball, stripping Clemson of it. It was a ****ty ending, but he hustled his tail off to make a play.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Searcy will be fine but oh man you will catch major crap for saying a players name
Haha dont understand that. They are men right? Take it as constructive criticism. Didn't know they were so sensitive. I support our players, but when they mess up they mess up. I want people to tell me I messed up at work. That way I know I'm on the hot seat. Get my act together.