Searcy Put On Blast

Matt E

GT Athlete
There has to be kids on roids. Players are unrealistically huge

I’m sure there are a handful out there, but I would doubt its widespread. NCAA is testing as well as internal tests taking place often. With legal supplements, hard work, good genes and proper nutrition guys can get yoked. Remember as well that at 18-22 they have enough testosterone to kill an elephant.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
They start on it in high school and now I’ve been told middle school kids are taking the stuff you don’t get this big and fast by just lifting weights
I've long had the thought these SEC schools have been roiding up big time in basketball starting with Billy Donovan's Florida teams but I've never known well enough about football.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I know emotions are high after the beatdown today, and I am not meaning to call out or demean our SAs, but a bunch of them either don't look or don't play like P5 athletes. My buddy, who is from a USC family and is a USC grad showed me this video a while back about the S&C program under Spurrier:

You can see some of the drills they do around 1:25 that deal with actual football and functional strength and competition. Tennessee just hired their old S&C guy who developed a lot of those drills for $600,000+ a year. Spurrier knew how to build a program when you were the small fish: get old, stay old, and develop the low level guys into p5 players. Once he had built the program he was able to recruit blue chippers to add to the mix and ended up with multiple 11 win seasons.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sure there are a handful out there, but I would doubt its widespread. NCAA is testing as well as internal tests taking place often. With legal supplements, hard work, good genes and proper nutrition guys can get yoked. Remember as well that at 18-22 they have enough testosterone to kill an elephant.
How does the NCAA drug test? Is it random?

tonisama

Georgia Tech Fan
techmuscle.0729-1.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They start on it in high school and now I’ve been told middle school kids are taking the stuff you don’t get this big and fast by just lifting weights

Sad. And, having a 10yo son, I can totally see some of these parents giving their middle schoolers "supplements", or turning a blind eye while their "coaches" do it, as they live vicariously through little Johnny.

It's a meat market at a disturbingly early age. We visited a track meet in FL and these kids looked like Ben Johnson at age 6+.

Matt E

GT Athlete
How does the NCAA drug test? Is it random?

It’s random and they test testosterone levels as well as for masking agents, or at least they did back in 2000s. I’d assume it’s the same. The argument that all these kids from other programs are juicing and our guys aren’t yoked because they are the only ones clean is silly. Let’s look at how we may be able to improve instead of casting accusations. To me, it’s a cop out

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
You'll see kids popped every now and then in the news. Will Grier (WVU QB) got busted at UF for PEDs which is the last big name I remember.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Maybe these guys are maybe they aren’t. I’ll say this though, if you eat right and train really hard, you can change your body pretty quick. I’ll also add that some people have good DNA and just get big fast and easy. I get huge pumps and gain muscle pretty easily. I actually have to be careful because I don’t want to be really big so leight weight and cardio is something I need to do for that to happen. These dude imo are just dedicated and have people who know how to get them there, which helps ALOT.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
He sure has had a lot of knee injuries. Roids use linked to that. Have no idea if he's ever used them but wouldn't be shocked.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
You'll find guys on every team that look like they lift and guys that don't. It's pretty typical for any football team college or pro. Ask KirVonte Benson if he looks like he lifts. The same goes for Victor Alexander, Jalen Camp, etc. While ugag has their fair share of small guys like Terry Godwin, Mecole Hardman, Ahkil Crumpton

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
To be totally honest qua's look is a combination of incorrect nutrition and a lack of proper heavy lifting. Nonetheless, a fifth-year senior should never look like that.