Searcy Put On Blast

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This was from back in the day when we used to hit the weights hard.... Michael Johnson - miss that dude.....

MJ has always been a freak. But are you sure this photo wasn’t taken after he made it into the league? He has used our facilities frequently in the offseason.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I think you have lost sight of the fact that you are primarily speaking to a bunch with a childish mentality that they aren’t happy with the uga game or season and some folks obviously need to be fired. No matter they have incredibly few facts to to back up their curreht emotions.

How jacked up our players get depends in some part to their genetics...and to a very large part how hard they work at it. There are a ton of slim players across the country who are elite because of speed...not bicep size. Peter Warrick had pipe cleaners for arms but I’d take him on our roster any day.

We have some fairly jacked up dudes on our current team. Benson looks as good as any RB coming off the bus. Ditto Vic Alexander.

Where guys start from matters. Vic and Kirvonte arrived ripped...they’ve gotten bigger and stronger since. Brad Stewart arrived as a bean pole...he’s leaving as a bean pole but is a more solid one. Our OL across the board have made good gains since their arrivals.

But we lost bad to the mutts and it’s all because we don’t know how to lift weights. Got it.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It has to be bc we circumvent FB banter and talk about everything else

TBH there are really only a few people on this board that actually want to talk football. You talk what you know and as most of the posts every season show. Most people don't know the difference between a will and a mike. trap and a dive, or an option route read in cover 2 vs cover 3 vs man.

Honestly with how our MLB played this year with all the wrong steps, miss fits, missed tackling targets and bad play recognition. I have to wonder if coach macollum didn't really understand the scheme. He's a 4-3 guy. Now this has nothing to do with S&C but this thread stop being about that a couple pages back.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
TBH there are really only a few people on this board that actually want to talk football. You talk what you know and as most of the posts every season show. Most people don't know the difference between a will and a mike. trap and a dive, or an option route read in cover 2 vs cover 3 vs man.

I know where the mike is! It's the guy behind the fat guys that the QB in the shotgun points to. The QB is supposed to do that. I read about it. In a book.

Honestly with how our MLB played this year with all the wrong steps, miss fits, missed tackling targets and bad play recognition. I have to wonder if coach macollum didn't really understand the scheme. He's a 4-3 guy. Now this has nothing to do with S&C but this thread stop being about that a couple pages back.

I actually wondered about this, too. McCollum, that is, not fully grasping what Woody wanted to do. I think there's something to it, but CAM has been so valuable to us I wonder if it'd be too hard to let him go. A coordinator should get his pick of his assistants, but sometimes things just don't work that way.

Since we're on page 6 of a thread that's degraded it's probably OK to talk non S&C stuff. :)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As to S&C....Will Bryan, no slouch in the weight room by all appearances, seems to think very highly of Sisk. So much so that he has decided to work as a GA under him. This with very first hand personal knowledge of everything Tech does regarding S&C.

As for coach Mac. I don’t know. First half of the year Brant seemed lost and barely able to find his gaps, fits, or coverage zones. Curry seemed to have a better grasp and ran to the ball better. They seemed to flip roles in the 2nd half of the year.

Our linebacker play hasn’t caused much fear in our opponents in quite a while. It’s also been a while since we had an all conference linebacker.

Maybe Mac is a good coach, maybe he’s terrible. He seems to be our best recruiter by many accounts so I don’t think we can afford to lose him. If our recruiting drops off any we are in big trouble.

I do agree that CNW should be able to hire any assistant he wants that he can get.

Every job should be expendable...IF....IF...their replacement is an obvious upgrade. From CPJ on down.

One of the problems I have with the fire coach *insert name here* crowd is the fervor in their “fire him” reasoning with no firsthand knowledge or facts to base those opinions on. One problem among many. Others include ignoring recent successes, recycling disproven false narratives about scheme etc.