Scrimmage updates

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@MikeDeGeorge: Broderick Snoddy is having a great day! Just ran (sprinted) 61 yards untouched on an inside handoff for a TD. #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: Justin Thomas hit Snoddy for a 39-yard catch and run and Dennis Andrews picked up 21 on the ground during that TD drive. #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: After 6 straight stands by the defense, the 2nd Team offense cracks the end zone w/ a 2-yd run by Perkins. Big plays set up TD #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: It was an opening-drive TD by the First Team Offense in today's closed scrimmage. Defense held held on next 3 drives. #GTCAMP13

-

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I've stated Snoddy will get a lot of work this year. Hope the scrimmage translates well into the games.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I love screen passes to Snoddy, he'll be an excellent third down, long yardage back.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Getting so psyched! I really hope the balance that Lee spoke of bodes well for the defense this season. It's always hard to tell from practice reports, but we'll find out really soon this season.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I hope it rains every game this season. I know it's just a scrimmage but it seems like tech always plays really good in the rain

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Love this from Vad, "I thought it was balanced today (between offense and defense)," said Lee. "Maybe we had an edge today, but the defense has been kicking our tails throughout practice. It's been a fairly balanced camp. I'm proud of the defense, I'm excited to see them play this year and I'm real excited for the offense to get going." This tell me a lot about what CTR is doing with the D. None of us doubt the ability of the O so to read this about the D is highly encouraging!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Sounds like the defense had a great last scrimmage to end camp:
http://www.macon.com/2013/08/17/2613799/georgia-tech-defense-steps-up.html

The defense allowed a score on the first possession but stopped the offense the next six times during a closed scrimmage. That’s positive news for a fan base that wants to see improvement from a defense that gave up too many points a year ago and is expecting big things from first-year defensive coordinator Ted Roof.

“The defense is playing with much more of an edge,” junior linebacker Quayshawn Nealy said. “Guys are taking initiative and stepping up. Coach Roof keeps preaching NPH (“No One Plays Harder”), and that has really helped us.”

The defense got some big stops from linemen Jeremiah Attaochu, Adam Gotsis and Euclid Cummings. Attaochu and Gotsis combined for a sack, while Cummings had a big tackle behind the line of scrimmage.