Scrimmage updates

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

@MikeDeGeorge: Broderick Snoddy is having a great day! Just ran (sprinted) 61 yards untouched on an inside handoff for a TD. #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: Justin Thomas hit Snoddy for a 39-yard catch and run and Dennis Andrews picked up 21 on the ground during that TD drive. #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: After 6 straight stands by the defense, the 2nd Team offense cracks the end zone w/ a 2-yd run by Perkins. Big plays set up TD #GTCAMP13

@MikeDeGeorge: It was an opening-drive TD by the First Team Offense in today's closed scrimmage. Defense held held on next 3 drives. #GTCAMP13

-

2. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

I've stated Snoddy will get a lot of work this year. Hope the scrimmage translates well into the games.

3. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

4. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

I love screen passes to Snoddy, he'll be an excellent third down, long yardage back.

5. gtpkt

gtpkt Ramblin' Wreck

Getting so psyched! I really hope the balance that Lee spoke of bodes well for the defense this season. It's always hard to tell from practice reports, but we'll find out really soon this season.

6. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

I hope it rains every game this season. I know it's just a scrimmage but it seems like tech always plays really good in the rain

7. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Smelter ended camp well..he was consistent throughout camp.

OldJacketFan likes this.
  8. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

9. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Love this from Vad, "I thought it was balanced today (between offense and defense)," said Lee. "Maybe we had an edge today, but the defense has been kicking our tails throughout practice. It's been a fairly balanced camp. I'm proud of the defense, I'm excited to see them play this year and I'm real excited for the offense to get going." This tell me a lot about what CTR is doing with the D. None of us doubt the ability of the O so to read this about the D is highly encouraging!

10. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Thanks CurseJacket for the audio.

11. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

Sounds like the defense had a great last scrimmage to end camp:
    http://www.macon.com/2013/08/17/2613799/georgia-tech-defense-steps-up.html