Scrimmage update

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
let's get a thread on people's thoughts from the scrimmage this morning. Wanted to hear what others thought about QB play. I'll say this, today goes along with what I've been hinting at all camp. Also we have some studs at b back now and in future.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I know everyone wants the backup QB. But the truth is, Matt Jordan is 3rd string at best. He's a great kid and a warrior but he just doesn't have the tools to lead us down the tunnel come Labor Day weekend. TaQuon has taken a strangle hold on the #1 spot and it's not because Matt played terribly. The kid is a JT clone and arguably more aggression as his two best runs today came between the tackles. Lucas J and Jay Jones are the QBs of the future but right now LJ is #2. His passing continues to be top notch and he is getting his footwork down. Big run today. This offense looks mid season form and there were no plays to our top two receivers, Lynch was out and andy Marshall was out. Looked like they shifted Will to right tackle and big shamire ran the guard.

Lot of redshirts on defense but saw aggression to the ball. 93 and 94 look good. Big Adams was out. Both safeties were held out.

But again I'm so pumped by the plays I saw from TM! He put on an absolute clinic. Three ropes out there not those loopy passes. Qua missed one of those rocket passes. Nice zip on the ball. He also has the reads. Made a nice pitch too. Just all around command. He's the most polished and I expect to see him on game days

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not notice the ABs as much today, except Nate had a open catch downfield for a TD

QB and BB play very strong

Jerry Howard is a player

Taquan Marshall strongest QB all around. Very good today

After him I would say Lucas and Jay are both neck and neck at number two QB. Lucas good passer and pocket presence. Jay impossible to tackle. Tobias looked good too. MJ not a good day and got an injury to boot

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned it on the other board that MJ looks the part physically but he has a knack to get injured quite a bit. Not good for a 3O QB. He might be best served with a Byerly type roll. Goal line and short yardage sets.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
it is one scrimmage. But.....if TM plays like this consistent in practice as well, YOU HAVE to bench MJ. Sorry all, but its just fact. MJ is rusty, and I can't imagine playing any better than Marshall

start the off season QB controversy. Its worth the discussion

but. I have said this before. CPJ will pick the best qb despite what we see in one scrimmage....so...take comfort in that. Paul is no idiot.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Branch sacked him and hurt his shoulder. He came back out for another series but me thinks he's done in this race IMO. But because he keeps too much he takes some punishing blows. On one play he got hit by 3 defenders and knocked his concussion buffer slam off his head.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Taquon was awesome. Lucas and Jay showed potential, both played well. I liked what I saw from pretty much everyone. MJ hurt what seemed to be his throwing shoulder, and seemed way out of rhythm. Did not have a good day, then went to the locker room with ice on his shoulder. Victor Alexander was shaken up at one point, I think he is okay though.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
that is what puzzles me...why was this even being talked about? Was today just a flash in the pan and not relevant to TM in general...hence why AB was talked about?

I think not...but ....maybe its playing the media a bit
Motivational games by CPJ?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Taquon was awesome. Lucas and Jay showed potential, both played well. I liked what I saw from pretty much everyone. MJ hurt what seemed to be his throwing shoulder, and seemed way out of rhythm. Did not have a good day, then went to the locker room with ice on his shoulder. Victor Alexander was shaken up at one point, I think he is okay though.

I appreciate injury reports, but it may be best not to it or everything will be closed again.