Scrimmage 8/16

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
no I am saying with zero injuries I predict 9 wins

But I also predict injuries so I am looking at 7-8 wins.
33, what about that one guy that is a complete surprise! One that could make a difference? Just a question as I have agreed with your statements for longer than this board!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
no I am saying with zero injuries I predict 9 wins

But I also predict injuries so I am looking at 7-8 wins.
The ONLY worry that I have is with depth on the D-line. Im pretty sure we will make due at every other position. Weve got some hungry guys just waiting for a chance. This year may just have to be a warmup for next seasons gauntlet. Wht is a weakness this season SHOULD be a strength next year. Im cautiously optimistic for this season, and if the recruiting keeps picking up... We will be setting ourselves up for a nice run come 2015. Im just ready for some daggum football to see how we will fare. May God bless our starters with stamina and good health.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Will there be another scrimmage this upcoming Saturday? I can't remember how the week after camp was structured in previous years.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Not surprising pass protection is an issue with as many OL as we're replacing & struggles for BB's in protection. What is concerning is that our D--which is supposed to struggle rushing the passer this year--was apparently getting all kinds of pressure. On the bright side maybe they're better rushers than many of us expect.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That last scrimmage was not a good one for the D. Pretty sure Roof let em know it too. O getting better of the D is bound to happen at some point in camp. And O tends to struggle at start of camp and progressively get stronger toward the end. So I'm not panicking. But I would have liked to see the D exert themselves vs the O a bit more than they did Ssturday.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That last scrimmage was not a good one for the D. Pretty sure Roof let em know it too. O getting better of the D is bound to happen at some point in camp. And O tends to struggle at start of camp and progressively get stronger toward the end. So I'm not panicking. But I would have liked to see the D exert themselves vs the O a bit more than they did Ssturday.
Remember, one practice/scrimmage doesn't tell us a whole lot. The whole body of work done over camp is much more indicative.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Will there be another scrimmage this upcoming Saturday? I can't remember how the week after camp was structured in previous years.
IIRC, next Saturday should be a dress rehearsal for a complete game. At least that's what seems to occur year after year regardless of who's coaching.

sideways fan

Georgia Tech Fan

Great recap of today. JT really did look smooth, and loved seeing Waller get up and the catch the ball at 2:18. Something we all hope to see him do more of this year! All the Abacks looked pretty good. IMO we may not have one person step up this year ala Godhigh or Orwin, but I think we have a good group. If someone does step up, Im looking for Perkins and Zenon!

This was very nice. The only negative is that there is no way Roddy Jones is going to stay here as color analyst. A network will snap him up sure as a gun. Better enjoy his insights while we can.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. Defensive coaches were not pleased and the players will know that on Monday.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The D players already know it, you can bet your butt that CTR and CMP has already had their say. Come Monday it better be a whole lot of improvement in efforts and attitude. I would not want to be a D player next week ;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Wanna smile? Look at how JT is carrying the ball in this pic:
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/geot-m-footbl-body.html
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It should be tighter to the chest, imo.
I guess, but what if those extra few inches of "swing" make him a step faster and he avoids more contact and scores more td's? What if he puts two hands on the ball right before contact like he's supposed to do? This is a huge step up from last year and his hs tape.