Scrimmage 8/16

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The scrimmage is closed tomorrow...Media will have access afterwards. I am not sure if anyone from the Swarm will be able to cover it or not.

I will post updates sometime tomorrow evening.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
In your opinion what kind of things go on during a closed practice? Fans tend to assume it involves working on stuff that they would rather opposing teams not have too much information about. But what is it really and what will it be with this practice?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
In your opinion what kind of things go on during a closed practice? Fans tend to assume it involves working on stuff that they would rather opposing teams not have too much information about. But what is it really and what will it be with this practice?

Today is a scrimmage.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
They don't do anything different than what they do during an open scrimmage. It's open to players guests today and family. So if you have a friend on the team he could have signed you in.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I know Ken Sugiura was talking about working on the no-huddle

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
@MikeDeGeorge: After 3 good stands by D, Matthew Jordan engineers drive that results in 32yd FG. Jordan had 29yd rush & 16yd pass to Leggett in drive

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Solid opening drive by 1st-team O w/ Justin Thomas at QB. Two 3rd-down conversions, a 4th-down pickup and capped by Laksey 11-yd TD catch

OMG, our D is in trouble :eek: Can't stop the O on third, and Laskey getting a catch ..... where is the D?

Thanks for any updates, glad to hear JT, Laskey and CJ are playing. I don't think there is anything to hide here .... our first three games should show what we are going to emphasize going into ACC play.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
@MikeDeGeorge: Deon Hill set the offense up with a 28yd run (getting key downfield block by Bostic) and Snoddy punched it in with 7yd pitch from Thomas.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
@MikeDeGeorge: Two long runs by Leggett put Tech in the Red Zone and Martenson scored from 7yd out.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
@MikeDeGeorge: Justin Thomas finds Smelter and Waller for back-to-back big catches and Days does the dirty work in Red Zone to cap TD drive.