Scholarship Slots remaining

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Like the man said you commit to the school.
If a kid holds up his end of the bargain by doing everything asked of him, the school needs to hold up its end.
Can't wait for the day some kid gets "processed" somewhere and files a breach of contract suit against that school.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Some of you will hate to see this post and if it violates policy, please take it down. There will definitely be some attrition next off-season. 11 seniors on the roster, but 3 will come back. 5 open spots now, and with 8 seniors leaving that mean only 13 available.

21 commitments for the class of 2020 and at least 2/3 more expected. This does not include incoming transfers. It's almost a guarantees at least 10 guys will move on from the program.

Here's my attempt at top 10 guys most likely to transfer:

10: Christian Malloy - Surpassed by J. Griffin and D. Smith. 5th RB on the roster now at a position with no seniors and will battle Gibbs, Ellison, Amerson, next year.

9: King/Wells (both transfer)- No place for two kickers.

8: Charlie Clark- 6 incoming OL next year. In 3 years, has no PT.

7: Jerry Howard Jr. (position change) - Oldest RB on roster. Can take redshirt year. PT decreased from FR year.

6: Peje' Harris- Buried in the depth chart. All WRs coming back next year, including Ezzard. 2 of his closest friends Mcheehan and Jackson transferred.

5: Jair Hawkins-Anderson (transfer) - Can be a grad transfer somewhere. No true position and little PT so far.

4: Luke Johns (position change)- Will have to battle too many long hybrid DE/LB.

3: Jaytlin Askew- Crowded DB position is set to even be more saturated with talent next year.

2: Stephen Dolphus- Not ATL and nowhere to be seen.

1: Lucas Johnson (transfer)- If he can't win starting job, has no reason to stay. Could get immediate waiver if he transfers close to home in California.

Well I hit on 4 transfers and 2 position changes. We will still see at least 5 more leave the program.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Like the man said you commit to the school.
If a kid holds up his end of the bargain by doing everything asked of him, the school needs to hold up its end.
Can't wait for the day some kid gets "processed" somewhere and files a breach of contract suit against that school.
P5 scholarships are 4 year deals. Schools can’t take them away for athletic reasons for any kid who signs an LOI. I don’t know why we keep having these arguments.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
P5 scholarships are 4 year deals. Schools can’t take them away for athletic reasons for any kid who signs an LOI. I don’t know why we keep having these arguments.
I agree. Any kid that enters as a freshman on scholarship (signed LOI), cannot have scholarship pulled for "athletic" reasons, as you stated. This is not the case for transfers and walk-ons. The rule was put in place in 2015.

Anyone saying these guys' scholarships are being pulled just doesn't understand the rules. I'm not sure about having to keep them on the team, they just can't pull the scholarship of on-field performance (or lack thereof).

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Coaches have been running off players since the first day of sports. Ever heard of "tryouts". Or better yet, even though a kid has a scholarship, if better players are around then that kid my never get any playing time. Is the coach then running off the kid or are the just better players on the team? And what coach, who is paid to win and will be fired if he doesn't win, will play kids who aren't the best?

So is it running off, or the kids is smarter than we give them credit and they leave on their own. Which, for those arguing about suing a coach for breaking a contract when a player sues, can the school then sue the player since they didn't stay the whole 4 years?

bos

Helluva Engineer
Some of you will hate to see this post and if it violates policy, please take it down. There will definitely be some attrition next off-season. 11 seniors on the roster, but 3 will come back. 5 open spots now, and with 8 seniors leaving that mean only 13 available.

21 commitments for the class of 2020 and at least 2/3 more expected. This does not include incoming transfers. It's almost a guarantees at least 10 guys will move on from the program.

Here's my attempt at top 10 guys most likely to transfer:

10: Christian Malloy - Surpassed by J. Griffin and D. Smith. 5th RB on the roster now at a position with no seniors and will battle Gibbs, Ellison, Amerson, next year.

9: King/Wells- No place for two kickers.

8: Charlie Clark- 6 incoming OL next year. In 3 years, has no PT.

7: Jerry Howard Jr. (position change)- Oldest RB on roster. Can take redshirt year. PT decreased from FR year.

6: Peje' Harris- Buried in the depth chart. All WRs coming back next year, including Ezzard. 2 of his closest friends Mcheehan and Jackson transferred.

5: Jair Hawkins-Anderson - Can be a grad transfer somewhere. No true position and little PT so far.

4: Luke Johns- Will have to battle too many long hybrid DE/LB.

3: Jaytlin Askew- Crowded DB position is set to even be more saturated with talent next year.

2: Stephen Dolphus- Not ATL and nowhere to be seen.

1: Lucas Johnson- If he can't win starting job, has no reason to stay. Could get immediate waiver if he transfers close to home in California.

Revisiting my post from earlier in the year. 8 guys no longer with the team.