Scheduling

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Nice Write-up on GT scheduling

A Couple of Notes:
1. "At this time, our non-conference scheduling philosophy is to have two of the four opponents come from the five equity conferences (EC) -- SEC, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12. Of course, our annual rivalry game with Georgia is built-in every year so we are really just looking for one additional EC opponent."

2. "As the College Football Playoff materialized two years ago, FBS non-conference scheduling changed. Recently, we lost two future series with Alabama and South Carolina, respectively, because of their desire to remove EC opponents from their schedule."

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope we don't reject the Chik-fil-a kickoff game just because it might force us to play 3 "EC" teams.

Also, I would have liked them to ask if GT will have to play in the Friday night ACC game and how often.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I just hope we don't end up moving the Ole Miss game up to the kickoff game, I want to check out the Grove.

Next year don't we already have an extra EC team with the addition of Notre Dame on the schedule?

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope we don't reject the Chik-fil-a kickoff game just because it might force us to play 3 "EC" teams.

Also, I would have liked them to ask if GT will have to play in the Friday night ACC game and how often.

I'm pretty sure the Friday games are going to be up North (Pitt, Syr, and BC). They don't want to be kicking the Southern HS Gifthorse in the mouth....