Safeties

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Jn4heisman, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

Is anyone else concerned with the Safety Postion? I know that Isaiah will have 1 spot and who will have the other? Milton and Golden are good on special teams but are not proven on D. Could Holton stay healthy and be a factor? Besides the Safety postion, I feel really confident about our defense!

2. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket Helluva Engineer

#1 will be much improved this season. His problems areas are areas of focus with the new staff and he came on toward the end of the season. I expect him to have a good season. Holton needs to be able to lock up the other position because Golden really struggled early last year. I think both Golden and Milton have the skillset to be really good, but there's been so much buzz about Holton that I want to see what he can do.

3. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

I remember hearing a lot of buzz about Lynn Griffin as well. I think there will be good competition at the safety spot and it will get sorted out quickly.

4. GTFan62

GTFan62 Ramblin' Wreck

I hope Holton can stay healthy this year.

5. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

6. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Milton is going to be a good one.

Golden has put in a ton of work.

7. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

Eric who do you think gets the other Safety spot next to Johnson?

8. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

Johnson better step up or he won't be the one starting. I agree he came on when the defense was simplified last year. He's more of a "play football" guy than a "try to figure it all out" guy. He was probably hurt the most by Groh's style (at least of the kids already playing). I see Holton stepping out this year.

Speaking of Holton, would he be a candidate for a medical redshirt. I'm pretty sure his redshirt was used while injured and he had a second year lost to injury. Those are typically the scenarios I've heard leading to a medical redshirt. Obviously, you don't apply for the medical redshirt until your eligibility is used up, but anyone have an opinion?

9. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

Milton is crazy fast so if he gets his assignments down pat he can make up a lot of ground quickly. I'm hoping that leads to some turnovers going the other way.

Let's all keep in mind that the 4-3 should hopefully [fingers crossed] add more pressure from the line which should make the already good secondary that much better.

10. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I have Johnson and Milton starting at S.

Holton will get more time as the year goes on.