Saban

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you think Saban retires if he wins the Natty this year? He's looking around and seeing programs like Clemson, and UGA getting stronger and closer to Bama each year. He's not as young as Kirby or Dabo and doesn't have the energy or drive. Do you think he calls it a day if they win it all?

If so, will Bama try to get Dabo? Just speculating..

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Do you think Saban retires if he wins the Natty this year? He's looking around and seeing programs like Clemson, and UGA getting stronger and closer to Bama each year. He's not as young as Kirby or Dabo and doesn't have the energy or drive. Do you think he calls it a day if they win it all?

If so, will Bama try to get Dabo? Just speculating..
I think Nick Satan will coach Bammer for another 2-3 more seasons and will be succeeded by Dabo Swinney

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think once he passes all of Bear Bryant's records he will retire. It might be a hundred years before any one else passes that record and I think he would be good with that.

Dabo is the perfect successor.

CoolHandluq

Georgia Tech Fan
rumors of Green Bay Packers planes being spotted in Tuscaloosa yesterday not sure if it was just smoke or if there truth to it

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Dabo is a legend right where he is. Not that he necessarily cares about that, but there's no need to go elsewhere and try to live in someone's shadow when you've built something big right where you are. And going back to your alma mater isn't necessarily the best thing in light of that.

In a similar vein, I think Coach Richt should have stayed out of football a year or two, or done something else, rather than go back to his alma mater. He wasn't a 'legendary' coach, but a solid coach nonetheless with a long and steady tenure as HC at one school. I think the Miami job was a complete mismatch for him coaching-wise and personality-wise. He might have done better at a place like Nebraska. O'Leary made a similar mistake trying to chase his dream at Notre Dame. (Assuming he ran a clean program), he could have retired at the Flats like CPJ and been a Tech legend, rather than a successful footnote. Also less pressure to win big at Tech than Notre Dame.