Saban

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Amazing to think someone can outspend Bama. If Texas offer's way more than Bama he is gone. Not like he has ever shown any care for loyalty he will go to the highest bidder.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
... some would say 7 -5...
who knows for sure. There'd be some positive buzz, but IMO the academics, etc. would not lead to a major rise in recruiting.
I think that would be a great way to put an end to all the theories on these boards. Give Saban 5 years at Tech, but deny him gray/blue shirting, and see if he can keep the APR and win more than 7-8 per year. Now who wants to chip in for his $7 mil a year???

Squanto

Georgia Tech Fan
Are they just internet rumors or do the articles I've read recently, from 2011, about his bad real estate investments have any validity?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I know the positives in going to Texas. But the positives in staying at Alabama seem to outweigh them. Imo.
I guess the power of the Bear is still hard to overcome..........yeah he will get ten or fifteen million and half of Austin............SEC will be glad he is gone but next guy aint coming with cupboard bare.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I just don't care either way. Go/stay - makes no difference to me. Same thing with Muschamp. Fire him - or don't. I don't care.

/
Well ole Nick will keep you on edge of seat...remember he told folks he was staying with Miami. ....the went to BAMA.

Beau Vinetti

Georgia Tech Fan
Nick Saban is all about one thing and that is Nick Saban. He should have pushed for a raise for his assistant coaches instead of a few more million for himself. The guy is an ego maniac. You can't argue with his success but I for one would not trust the guy

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to agree with that. I bet ol nick chewed that kicker in and out for missing that 58 yard fg even though he was a freshman and it was a very unlikely outcome

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Have to agree with that. I bet ol nick chewed that kicker in and out for missing that 58 yard fg even though he was a freshman and it was a very unlikely outcome
I still laugh at the Auburn t shirt that has a clock and a goal post and a wording Saban time ,its funny yet not as funny as the old punt bama punt cartags.