Ryans Named National Defensive Player of the Week

MidtownJacket

Staff member
When is the last time one of our players got a national defensive player nod like this?
I'm used to ACC honors. I'm not used to news on national honors. Is this a new thing?
Ryans, a 6-5, 265-pound sophomore from Kennesaw, Ga., is the fourth Georgia Tech player to receive the Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week honor and the first in nine seasons (linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu in 2011).

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
In case anyone missed it last year, here’s a great article by Ken about Curtis’ high school career and recruitment. I’m unclear if he was considered a walk-on or a late signee. I didn’t see him listed on the rivals’ 2018 commitment list. Either way, great find by the former staff, great development by the current staff, and excellent job by him taking advantage of his opportunity. Those were big time plays he made Saturday and something tells me he hasn’t come close to reaching his ceiling.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
He also got a point in a Heisman watch poll. Think it was CBS sports.
He sure did! When is the last time we saw this?!
2nd photo in the "others receiving votes" area. 👀
Screenshot_20200916-110536_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-110523_Chrome.jpg

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean Curtis Ryans size and length is impressive and if he uses and develops his Pass Rush he can continue to be a cog in lineup and rotation.