Rule Changes

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That's just enough time to buy a mixer and properly mix it.
Agree!!
But at game when clock man comes out u can bsrely make it w 150 se onds. U need my seats to make in 90 seconds. I have seats at end of row and 5 rows down from entrance under stands.

Under Coach Johnson really didnt need beer to watch game. I waited till end of halftime and the long drive and gt score. Then befire they can get into red zone i exited for restroom and beer while the gt bend and break allowed the opponent to get to mid field. That took150 seconds.

Under TFP I had to get a beer per quarter. My end of row seats provided no advantage because the stadium was pretty empty.

When we get going, gtaa should have Beer guys (1 carrying and 1 taking money, beer is 10$ (that includes tip. When that official comes out, they head down to bottom then head up selling beer. Get your money ready!! Cold Beer! Buy 2!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Agree!!
But at game when clock man comes out u can bsrely make it w 150 se onds. U need my seats to make in 90 seconds. I have seats at end of row and 5 rows down from entrance under stands.

Under Coach Johnson really didnt need beer to watch game. I waited till end of halftime and the long drive and gt score. Then befire they can get into red zone i exited for restroom and beer while the gt bend and break allowed the opponent to get to mid field. That took150 seconds.

Under TFP I had to get a beer per quarter. My end of row seats provided no advantage because the stadium was pretty empty.

When we get going, gtaa should have Beer guys (1 carrying and 1 taking money, beer is 10$ (that includes tip. When that official comes out, they head down to bottom then head up selling beer. Get your money ready!! Cold Beer! Buy 2!
They had beer guys out last season, I bought beer from my seat several times.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They had beer guys out last season, I bought beer from my seat several times.
I saw them one time.
If more often it would be better.
But, thanks at start of game i will find the ones for my section .
Then pre tip so they come and stop at my row.

Good point. Thanks

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Official visits​

The council adopted new recruiting rules for official and unofficial visits. Moving forward, prospects will no longer have a limit to the number of official visits they can make to NCAA member schools. Prospects will be limited to one official visit per school, unless there is a head coaching change after an official visit, in which case prospects would be able to complete a second official visit to the same school. In men's basketball, prospects still will be able to complete a second official visit to the same school provided the visits do not occur in the same academic year.
"For young people considering where to go to college, visits to campus — both official and unofficial — are an integral part of the decision-making process," Tealer said. "This was an opportunity to modernize NCAA rules in a way that provides greater and more meaningful opportunities for prospects going through the recruitment process."

Official visits may last no longer than a two-night stay, during which schools will be permitted to cover travel costs, transportation, meals and reasonable entertainment for up to two family members accompanying a prospect on that visit.

The rules will take effect July 1.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I look at these rule changes and think, "Gee, I wonder how broad Paul's smile would be if he was still coaching?" They are absolutely made for running teams that depend on holding the ball. Shoot, the academies will eat this up.

All told, I agree with those above: you want to speed up the game, get rid of video reviews. What are the refs for anyhow? Let them make the calls and get rid of all the ridiculous back-and-forth between the tv crews and the "experts" who look at the film. Everybody would benefit, even the refs. The fans can always grouse about what they see on the jumbotrons after the game. But that won't happen, more's the pity.

Finally, I am at a loss to see why the folks who make the rules think that speeding up the games will help get in the fans. Football is losing fans in the stands because a) people can watch at home and b) fewer and fewer young people are playing football (as a proportion of kids, that is). You want more people to come to the games, even out the present inequalities in the game to give more teams a chance to have a winning record and stop showing every football game in creation on tv. I think it t really is just that simple. And that difficult.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I look at these rule changes and think, "Gee, I wonder how broad Paul's smile would be if he was still coaching?" They are absolutely made for running teams that depend on holding the ball. Shoot, the academies will eat this up.

All told, I agree with those above: you want to speed up the game, get rid of video reviews. What are the refs for anyhow? Let them make the calls and get rid of all the ridiculous back-and-forth between the tv crews and the "experts" who look at the film. Everybody would benefit, even the refs. The fans can always grouse about what they see on the jumbotrons after the game. But that won't happen, more's the pity.

Finally, I am at a loss to see why the folks who make the rules think that speeding up the games will help get in the fans. Football is losing fans in the stands because a) people can watch at home and b) fewer and fewer young people are playing football (as a proportion of kids, that is). You want more people to come to the games, even out the present inequalities in the game to give more teams a chance to have a winning record and stop showing every football game in creation on tv. I think it t really is just that simple. And that difficult.
Like NFL does negatively bias the supply of recruits .
Go to college football playoffs to often = cut 1 scholar ship for a set period.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
3 rule changes are expected to be approved today for college football.
- No stoppage of clock after 1st downs (except in the final 2 minutes of each half).
- Teams are prohibited from calling consecutive timeouts.
- Penalties at the end of the 1st and 3rd Quarters will be enforced on the 1st play of the following quarter.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck