RPO

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Are there any plays in our offense where we could add a pass option?

Triple pass is a play we have but I don't remember us running much if ever. Looks like triple option but after the first read the QB starts his attack towards the second read, but then backs up and heaves it way downfield to usually the playside WR who is almost always hysterically open. Not sure why we don't do this.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Triple pass is a play we have but I don't remember us running much if ever. Looks like triple option but after the first read the QB starts his attack towards the second read, but then backs up and heaves it way downfield to usually the playside WR who is almost always hysterically open. Not sure why we don't do this.

Didn't JT do this vs. the dwags last year a couple times?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We have play action and roll out passes. We don't have a pass option from our running plays because we use OL to block the second level-- which is illegal downfield on a pass.

Yes it is called Shade 6-1, otherwise known as the Triple option. The pitch to an A back is basically a pass. Problem is you can't do it very well when half the Clemson D-line and line backers are in your backfield.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Yes it is called Shade 6-1, otherwise known as the Triple option. The pitch to an A back is basically a pass. Problem is you can't do it very well when half the Clemson D-line and line backers are in your backfield.

Definitely not what I was asking about. I was asking about potential plays that could have a down field passing component without getting in trouble with lineman downfield.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Was the play on 3rd and goal an RPO? Looked like it could have just been play action with Marshall taking it if he had an alley or a throw to JJ in the end zone.