Roster Updated with Walk On's

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
You can only have 85 on scholie:
Preferred walk-ons come in during summer and join them for the max of 105 during fall camp,
Regular walk ons that had the grades and were accepted into the school on their own come in after school starts, but the overall roster after all is done will be back down to 105! The not dressing (Rudy) guys still practice etc. but do not dress and only get 2 tickets instead of 4 per game- and have to use one for themselves. It's all a number game!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
You can only have 85 on scholie:
Preferred walk-ons come in during summer and join them for the max of 105 during fall camp,
Regular walk ons that had the grades and were accepted into the school on their own come in after school starts, but the overall roster after all is done will be back down to 105! The not dressing (Rudy) guys still practice etc. but do not dress and only get 2 tickets instead of 4 per game- and have to use one for themselves. It's all a number game!
Thanks. Good clarification.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Schools used to get around the number by having a JV team . When I was at UGA we had at least 40 players that did not practice w the varsity , they would work on special teams practicing for their chance to play in the annual GT vs UGA JV game at Grant Field . The literally covered kicks the entire practice . The NCAA stopped allowing the game . It raised money for the Scottish Rite Hospital .

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
After researching it , they did not have a limit back in the day . That explaines why all that JV squad did was run for 2 hours everyday covering kicks , lol .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It was actually more fun giving it away , kept my friends from shopping at Walmart ... See y'all have rubbed off on me .

you will have officially been indoctrinated when you couldn't give $1500 of Bulldog gear away because you don't know or associate with anyone who would want it!;)

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
There will be several that are on the team that will not get invited to camp. The team stays in the Marriott for almost 3 weeks and travels to Bobby Dodd via buses for practice and conditioning. Unfortunately, this cost money and players with little to no chance of playing will not be there. They will however participate in practices when they get back to school in the fall.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
The team stays in the Marriott for almost 3 weeks

I have no problem with the team living in a hotel for camp. However, is it confirmed if CPJ spends his nights in a hotel for 3 straight weeks too? Pretty sure there was an issue in the past with it seeming like a double-standard from the players perspective, especially if the player has a kid.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I don't see it as a double standard that my boss has a corner office and I'm in a cubicle. That's how the chain of command works.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric, please correct me if I am wrong or if you can add something - Danny D: all teams have a spring practice and game- the players that participate are the current roster players and incoming freshmen that start school in january,
All the other recruited scholie players that sign in February they try (depending on grades and elegibility) to come in for summer courses- work-outs etc. during all this time from before January even last year or the year before the coaches are visiting and recruiting kids that may have offers from somewhere else but they r trying to get them to come to Tech-
In as a preferred walk-on-- thus this thread: During all this time on a big board the coaches are moving
Players in and off to find what 105 (which is all they can bring into fall camp before school starts). Some starters may not be In that group - say one is out with an ACL injury etc. someone's not there yet because they just qualified and can't start until fall school starts. After school starts the other guys come- then walk ons that were able to get into school on their own.
Again coaches figure their 105 roster and then the travel roster is even lower then who can dress for home games. Hope that clears it up a little- not
Meaning to make
It more difficult.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Eric, please correct me if I am wrong or if you can add something - Danny D: all teams have a spring practice and game- the players that participate are the current roster players and incoming freshmen that start school in january,
All the other recruited scholie players that sign in February they try (depending on grades and elegibility) to come in for summer courses- work-outs etc. during all this time from before January even last year or the year before the coaches are visiting and recruiting kids that may have offers from somewhere else but they r trying to get them to come to Tech-
In as a preferred walk-on-- thus this thread: During all this time on a big board the coaches are moving
Players in and off to find what 105 (which is all they can bring into fall camp before school starts). Some starters may not be In that group - say one is out with an ACL injury etc. someone's not there yet because they just qualified and can't start until fall school starts. After school starts the other guys come- then walk ons that were able to get into school on their own.
Again coaches figure their 105 roster and then the travel roster is even lower then who can dress for home games. Hope that clears it up a little- not
Meaning to make
It more difficult.
My confusion came from from not knowing about the 105 roster limit. Now that I understand the 105 limit the rest falls into place. Thanks