Rooting against the SEC today

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Because I will never root for UGA, but logic tells me they need to win today. Here's the way I see it: They win today and Mizzou loses, they are in the championship game. Not only that they will be in the top 10 because the the SEC championship will have 2 top 10 teams in it, just ask ESPN. We get them in 2 weeks looking ahead and catch them off guard like last year. Hope we can finish.

Then a ~20th ranked UGA makes it to Atlanta and Gurley runs all over the west champ and wins causing the playoff committee and ESPN to implode into a super massive black hole.

Meanwhile in homer territory: a 10-2 GT goes to Charlotte, and takes down #1 FSU. We get ranked #5 and the ACC is locked out of the playoffs.

Long story short, if someone asks me why I'm rooting for UGA today I will say I'm not. I'm rooting against the SEC

thwgjacket

You can root against the SEC without rooting for ugag. Alabama wins, Ole Miss beats MS State in a few weeks, and Auburn beats Alabama, boom, no SEC team with less than 2 losses going in to the championship game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You can root against the SEC without rooting for ugag. Alabama wins, Ole Miss beats MS State in a few weeks, and Auburn beats Alabama, boom, no SEC team with less than 2 losses going in to the championship game.

This. Holding my nose & rooting for bama

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I'm rooting for Bama too. But it is awful hard to pull that off. I hate them second only to UGA. An easy formula that often works for me with the SEC is pulling for the lower ranked team every time.

I can put a positive spin on whatever happens between Auburn and Georgia.
1) Auburn wins = We have a chance to put a fourth loss on the Dogs. The fanbase is in turmoil the entire off season, Richt is crucified for underachieving. The fan base spends the whole off season debating whether he should be replaced.

2) Georgia wins = If we beat them, they can taste the bittersweet recipe of playing for your league championship having lost to your state rival. A big jump in the polls for us too.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
For once in my whole life (42 years old) I don't care if the mutts win or lose tonight. I would rather then be ranked higher when we smash them but I would also love to see them have 4 losses and play for the SEC championship