Roof needs to go and Ray is gone

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
You know in 2009, Iowa wins the Orange Bowl but basically disappeared until 2015. Now they're making their way back while everyone in that conference is looking at OSU, MSU and Michigan. So, sometimes it takes rebuilding years. And, we do have a coach who hasn't packed up in the middle of the night and left like all the cheating coward coaches do. CPJ said on his radio show he has had 7 offers since he came to GT and turned them all down. I know in his first years after beating UGA and going 9-3 Auburn wanted CPJ really bad. So easy to coach a school where alumni are changing h.s. grades to get them all in there. There are some assistants that probably do need to move on.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
And going by this year, the offense has been worse than the defense.

Yes. And your point is? I'm sorry, but one year does not a trend make.

Also, it's about time we start seriously considering if our offensive system or basically having an OC for HC isn't handicapping our defense.

I agree with this one. I'm starting to feel like there might be some truth to the fact that our scout team O players were handpicked for this system.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You know in 2009, Iowa wins the Orange Bowl but basically disappeared until 2015. Now they're making their way back while everyone in that conference is looking at OSU, MSU and Michigan. So, sometimes it takes rebuilding years. And, we do have a coach who hasn't packed up in the middle of the night and left like all the cheating coward coaches do. CPJ said on his radio show he has had 7 offers since he came to GT and turned them all down. I know in his first years after beating UGA and going 9-3 Auburn wanted CPJ really bad. So easy to coach a school where alumni are changing h.s. grades to get them all in there. There are some assistants that probably do need to move on.

Rebuilding and 2-10 or 3-9 are different. This is unacceptable. I don't think Paul needs to go, but this is not ok. Assistant changes are required

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yes. And your point is? I'm sorry, but one year does not a trend make.

My point is that it was stupid for the initial post to try and pin two games this year solely on the defense. Historical trends have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Just listened to PJ's post game presser. Link

He is pretty unhappy with the defense and the pass protection of the OL. He basically said about the pass protection and I'm paraphrasing here, "I'm ultimately responsible, but there are some other cats responsible too". Looks like Sewak and Rychielski better get their act together. And Roof definitely needs to get his act together. Honestly, I think Joe Speed needs to be let go. @Leonard Larramore, at one point, said that the techniques Speed teaches are basically ****. I'm starting to agree with him.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
We are giving up 30 point a game in the last 5 we play s four man front .... We don't stop the run we have no pass rush and at times we are out flanked our dline is poor ..... We are not a physical defense ... Let's play s 5 man front damn stop the run..... Maybe rven get a pass rush .... It got to be better than what we are doing now we knew the offense would struggle this year but with eight returning starters on defense we should be better .... Roof is paid 750 a year to get it done..... His defense played 66 snaps tonight and gave up 31 points

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Just listened to PJ's post game presser. Link

He is pretty unhappy with the defense and the pass protection of the OL. He basically said about the pass protection and I'm paraphrasing here, "I'm ultimately responsible, but there are some other cats responsible too". Looks like Sewak and Rychielski better get their act together. And Roof definitely needs to get his act together. Honestly, I think Joe Speed needs to be let go. @Leonard Larramore, at one point, said that the techniques Speed teaches are basically ****. I'm starting to agree with him.

+10000000000000
Speed just isn't competitive.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Why are you so pessimistic? Everyone here knew this year was going to be rebuilding. No one expected us to be world beaters, and with a chunk of players injured, what the hell do you expect?

"No one"? How about the preseason rankings? What about those that had us in the playoff conversation before we went to South Bend? It's easy to say now that we shouldn't be surprised, but let's admit it: most Tech fans DID expect us to be world beaters this year.