Roof getting rid of old man football?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From the web....

"This challenge is the same," Roof said. "It's our responsibility to put a product on the field that we can all be proud of."

Defensive end Emmanuel Dieke said "it's like a whole new culture" with Roof.

"It's been great," Dieke said. "We're learning a whole new scheme. It's like a whole new atmosphere with a lot of talk about intensity. It's a whole new feel."

Roof said he is using the spring practice to learn about his players while making sure his players learn what will be expected on game days.

"I'm passionate about our guys getting better," Roof said. "When you work like we work, I don't know how you can't bring energy if you're passionate about it.

"I've always tried to be enthusiastic about whatever I'm doing. I certainly believe the old adage about habits, if we want to be enthusiastic players, then we have to practice with enthusiasm. Game days are going to be a reflection of our habits."

Change the lazy boy x's and o's for smart, intense, in your face, boom I just blew you up defense.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Roof is a fiery guy...he coaches the way he played. He is very intense and puts a lot of effort.

I would expect the same out of our defense moving forward.