Roll Call (and tailgating?) for Saturday

If you actually went through the “transfer” option under your account, then yes, that can only be done one time. If you just forward the email link as I outlined above, it’s accessible by more than one device. At least apple devices, because I just imported my UCF tickets to my own apple wallet, and then with the steps I outlined above, also loaded my UCF tickets to 2 of my employees’ Apple wallets while they are still in my wallet.
Hmm, interesting. Obviously you are more cyber savvy than I am. LOL

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
As a current student, it’s definitely just Covid concerns. Our student cases have dropped recently, and I think they want to keep it that way.

There has never been any problem with protests or riots on campus. I lived here this summer and things were only hairy for 3 days, and all was downtown, was never nervous on Tech’s campus

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
So, what is the Bobby Dodd footprint? Is 5th St. bridge included?
This is a good question, and I wanted to bump it in case someone missed it and had an answer. Is this in the "footprint", and if not, are there any ATL restrictions that may apply?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
'No tailgating on campus, but we have beer now so come to the stadium 2 hours early and tailgate.'

From earlier email today ... :(
  • Chairs, grills, and coolers will not be permitted outside of an individual's vehicle and no loitering or gatherings of any size will be permitted in any on-campus area outside of the Bobby Dodd Stadium footprint for Saturday's game;
  • Those who purchased parking passes for RV lots are still permitted to park their RVs on campus, but will not be permitted to participate in any tailgating activities outside of their vehicles;
  • If a pass holder for an RV lot wishes to exchange their pass for a spot in a standard lot on Saturday, they may do so by contacting the Georgia Tech athletics ticket office.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's all about trying to limit the ability for COVID to spread.
They don't want groups interacting with other groups of people. Basically, they want you to arrive, go to the stadium, get into the stadium, get some discounted food and drink and get to your socially distanced seats. The less groups interact with each other the lower the chances of COVID spread at the game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's all about trying to limit the ability for COVID to spread.
They don't want groups interacting with other groups of people. Basically, they want you to arrive, go to the stadium, get into the stadium, get some discounted food and drink and get to your socially distanced seats. The less groups interact with each other the lower the chances of COVID spread at the game.
They’re just driving our activities off campus. We’re still tailgating just not at GT.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Be forewarned that the city of Atlanta may prohibit tailgating too. There are city policies in place regarding gatherings of people, even in small numbers.
It’s a maximum of 50 people, correct? We’re about half that. I haven‘t seen any restrictions anywhere except the number 50 chucked around in various news stories.

It’s a maximum of 50 people, correct? We’re about half that. I haven‘t seen any restrictions anywhere except the number 50 chucked around in various news stories.
“Small private gatherings of no more than ten (10) individuals, with appropriate social distancing shall be permitted on City of Atlanta property; and This subsection shall not apply to cohabitating persons outside of their homes, family units or roommates residing together in private homes, persons in the same households, or to any businesses or activities specifically governed by the Governor’s June Executive Order.”

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
For what it’s worth, I have heard through law enforcement friends not to be surprised if groups (aka tailgating) isn’t asked to be broken up if spotted and said group isn’t social distancing among members.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don't know for sure, but I thought it was far less than that --- like around 10 people. I will see what I can find out.

Here is the latest release from the City of Atlanta Mayor's Office: https://www.atlantaga.gov/Home/Components/News/News/13438/672

Individuals:

• Stay home except for essential trips
  • Wear a face mask in public (City mandate)
  • Frequent hand washing
  • Social distancing
  • Small, private gatherings of no more than 10 people, with social distancing