Roll Call (and tailgating?) for Saturday

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
How do you get a ticket? Can You show up and scalp one?
All ticketing is electronic. Original purchaser is allowed a one time transfer via mobil device, ie: ticket holder can't transfer it to a scalper who then transfers it to you. Also, it has to be downloaded direct from ramblinwreck.com if memory serves, so you have to have an account just to receive the transfer. Also, unlikely a season ticket holder would risk just selling a one off into their distanced pod if you know what I mean. More likely to grab one off a third party ticketing site IMHO, and probably would have to buy at least two, as no distanced singles were sold.

An email went out to ST holders this morning with instructions on how to order single game tickets (but apparently on in a 2-ticket package). Your best bet would be finding a ST holder who can try to order for you. They apparently go on sale in the morning. Whether they later make the offer to non-ST holders is not mentioned in the email.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
All ticketing is electronic. Original purchaser is allowed a one time transfer via mobil device, ie: ticket holder can't transfer it to a scalper who then transfers it to you. Also, it has to be downloaded direct from ramblinwreck.com if memory serves, so you have to have an account just to receive the transfer. Also, unlikely a season ticket holder would risk just selling a one off into their distanced pod if you know what I mean. More likely to grab one off a third party ticketing site IMHO, and probably would have to buy at least two, as no distanced singles were sold.
If this year is like any other year (which it seems it is based on the options so far), some of what you say isn’t true. As far as scalping, you can literally scalp your own tickets through stubhub through the ticket holder portal. And as far as transferring your tickets, this can be done as many times as you want just through the email season ticket holders receive containing links to all their tickets. The email titled “Your Georgia Tech Mobile tickets have arrived!” In this email, there are individual links to each games tickets. You can forward those links to anyone you want to send the tickets just by clicking on the game’s link, then copy/pasting that resulting link into a new email (or text) to a recipient(s). The email link to your tickets is not password or login protected, so all someone needs to import the mobile tickets into their Apple Pay or G-Pay mobile wallet is the link. I did that many times for friends who were fans of opponents last year, as they usually do the same for me when I travel to their team’s arenas.
I’ve played around with the features of the current tickets, and so far, all of the options I just listed for moving tickets still seem viable.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m going to the game & have 2 guys in my party who are not family. They’ve made this whole thing too damn complicated. Gimme a ticket to scan and I’d be ok. The system they have sucks.

I’m going to the game & have 2 guys in my party who are not family. They’ve made this whole thing too damn complicated. Gimme a ticket to scan and I’d be ok. The system they have sucks.
Even worse than that, if you read the "rules" for entry, you can only have a one-gallon ziplock bag to bring things into the stadium, NOT the handy-dandy clear plastic bags with handles which they provided us in the past. Those bags will not be allowed. So if we need rain gear or cold weather gear, HTH can you cram stuff like that into a one-gallon zip lock bag. I spoke to a ticket rep at Tech who said they have received numerous complaints about that, but the "powers that be" are completely inflexible on it. He agreed with me that it's stupid, but it's out of his hands.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
If this year is like any other year (which it seems it is based on the options so far), some of what you say isn’t true. As far as scalping, you can literally scalp your own tickets through stubhub through the ticket holder portal. And as far as transferring your tickets, this can be done as many times as you want just through the email season ticket holders receive containing links to all their tickets. The email titled “Your Georgia Tech Mobile tickets have arrived!” In this email, there are individual links to each games tickets. You can forward those links to anyone you want to send the tickets just by clicking on the game’s link, then copy/pasting that resulting link into a new email (or text) to a recipient(s). The email link to your tickets is not password or login protected, so all someone needs to import the mobile tickets into their Apple Pay or G-Pay mobile wallet is the link. I did that many times for friends who were fans of opponents last year, as they usually do the same for me when I travel to their team’s arenas.
I’ve played around with the features of the current tickets, and so far, all of the options I just listed for moving tickets still seem viable.

Yes, that is the way it used to be, but apparently they have made some changes. This may just be for upgraded ticket sections like the Terrace or Club level, but the following is a cut n paste quoted directly from page 5 of the Club Lounge Services Guide 2020 released today regarding ticket sharing and transfers.....

"MOBILE TICKET SHARING & TRANSFERS
Via your account manager at ramblinwreck.com/myaccount, select the ticket(s) you wish to transfer and enter the recipient’s cell phone number. The recipient
will receive a text message instructing them to accept their ticket(s). They will need to log into their existing GT ticketing account (or simply create a new account)
in order to accept
, and then they will be able to add the tickets to their own Apple Wallet or Google Pay app.
We highly encourage that you transfer a ticket and/or parking pass to each member of your party to allow for the easiest entry and access throughout the venue.
Please do not share tickets via mobile screenshot, as QR codes that show as a duplicate scan will be prohibited from gate and premium area entry. Please
also note that tickets can only be transferred one time
, but you will have the option to cancel a transfer before the transfer is completed."

I'm not sure if the stub hub sale option is different, but It appears a GT ticketing account is required to accept the transfer if I'm reading that correctly.

Yes, that is the way it used to be, but apparently they have made some changes. This may just be for upgraded ticket sections like the Terrace or Club level, but the following is a cut n paste quoted directly from page 5 of the Club Lounge Services Guide 2020 released today regarding ticket sharing and transfers.....

Via your account manager at ramblinwreck.com/myaccount, select the ticket(s) you wish to transfer and enter the recipient’s cell phone number. The recipient
will receive a text message instructing them to accept their ticket(s). They will need to log into their existing GT ticketing account (or simply create a new account)
in order to accept
, and then they will be able to add the tickets to their own Apple Wallet or Google Pay app.
We highly encourage that you transfer a ticket and/or parking pass to each member of your party to allow for the easiest entry and access throughout the venue.
Please do not share tickets via mobile screenshot, as QR codes that show as a duplicate scan will be prohibited from gate and premium area entry. Please
, but you will have the option to cancel a transfer before the transfer is completed."

I'm not sure if the stub hub sale option is different, but It appears a GT ticketing account is required to accept the transfer if I'm reading that correctly.
I had a problem, mostly of my own making, getting my tickets, so I called the ticket office seeking help. In the course of the conversation, I was told that once a ticket has been transferred, the party receiving the transfer cannot transfer it again. I'm not sure how Stubhub can get around that.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

in order to accept

The way around that is this:
In your ticket delivery email, these links (circled) take you to your individual game tickets.
6B2FFFC0-1E19-4B94-8803-55F08F87FB7C.jpeg

Once you click an individual game, this is the link you are taken to (circled, that’s not the full link, and everyone’s link is unique).
09EF6D68-87DB-43E0-BA81-40973348E116.jpeg

You can copy and paste that link and send it to anyone at all, and they can then open it, click the “add to apple wallet” link (or G-Pay will show if it’s an android), and the tickets will load into that persons wallet. In fact, you can send this link to as many people as you want, and they can all load the tickets to their wallet. But only the first mobile tickets scanned at the gate will be accepted. Any duplicates (which they all would be since they received the same link) would/should not scan after the first copy was accepted.
This bypasses the whole transfer option from within your account.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Important quotes:

Chairs, grills and coolers will not be permitted outside of an individual’s vehicle and no loitering or gatherings of any size will be permitted in any on-campus area outside of the Bobby Dodd Stadium footprint for Saturday’s game. Those who purchased parking passes for RV lots are still permitted to park their RVs on campus, but will not be permitted to participate in any tailgating activities outside of their vehicles. If a pass-holder for an RV lot wishes to exchange their pass for a spot in a standard lot on Saturday, they may do so by contacting the Georgia Tech athletics ticket office.

Fans are still urged to arrive on campus and enter the stadium early, as a rush at the gates right before kickoff may cause delays that could keep fans from getting to their seats by kickoff. Parking lots will open two hours prior to kickoff (1:30 p.m.) and stadium gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff (2 p.m.).

To encourage fans to arrive early, all stadium concessions will be available beginning when gates open at 2 p.m. and selected items will be available at a discounted price for the first hour (2-3 p.m.). Discounted concession items for early arrivals include 32-oz. fountain beverages ($3), hot dogs ($2), pretzels ($3), nachos ($3) and popcorn ($2).

Just curious....more for you Atlanta people...is the tailgating ban purely for Covid or are there concerns about rioters and such harassing Tech fans in midtown?

The way around that is this:
In your ticket delivery email, these links (circled) take you to your individual game tickets.
View attachment 9020

Once you click an individual game, this is the link you are taken to (circled, that’s not the full link, and everyone’s link is unique).
View attachment 9021
You can copy and paste that link and send it to anyone at all, and they can then open it, click the “add to apple wallet” link (or G-Pay will show if it’s an android), and the tickets will load into that persons wallet. In fact, you can send this link to as many people as you want, and they can all load the tickets to their wallet. But only the first mobile tickets scanned at the gate will be accepted. Any duplicates (which they all would be since they received the same link) would/should not scan after the first copy was accepted.
This bypasses the whole transfer option from within your account.
Because of the screwup that I inadvertently forced on myself. that only works once. Without going into detail, I transferred both of my tickets to my friend who goes to the games with me, but I only intended to transfer one of them (my mistake). When he then tried to open that site a second time to transfer one of them back to me, he could not access it. He was able to access it the first time to accept them, but not the second time to send one of them back.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Because of the screwup that I inadvertently forced on myself. that only works once. Without going into detail, I transferred both of my tickets to my friend who goes to the games with me, but I only intended to transfer one of them (my mistake). When he then tried to open that site a second time to transfer one of them back to me, he could not access it. He was able to access it the first time to accept them, but not the second time to send one of them back.
If you actually went through the “transfer” option under your account, then yes, that can only be done one time. If you just forward the email link as I outlined above, it’s accessible by more than one device. At least apple devices, because I just imported my UCF tickets to my own apple wallet, and then with the steps I outlined above, also loaded my UCF tickets to 2 of my employees’ Apple wallets while they are still in my wallet.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Call the ticket office, they should be able to fix it.