Robert Godhigh career YPC

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I had to go find this article:
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2012/08/06/t-j-barnes-yoga-enthusiast/
Asked to pick a breakout player, Washington named the wide receivers and A-backs Robbie Godhigh, Tony Zenon and Deon Hill and then safety Fred Holton...
I also thought there was another pre-season article where a different player was asked to name a player that he thought would surprise the fans and he picked Godhigh on offense. This was like 2-3 years ago and I couldn't find this article.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
He'll likely get a look as an undrafted player and his numbers (height/weight/speed/agility) say he won't make it but the thing with Godhigh is that he's got that "IT" factor where he keeps making plays. Just maximizes the few touches he gets and if he does that at some NFL camp, they'll HAVE to keep him.

You see it all the time on Hard Knocks of undrafted guys on the team that just keep making plays and the coaches agonize over keep him or some veteran.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
He'll likely get a look as an undrafted player and his numbers (height/weight/speed/agility) say he won't make it but the thing with Godhigh is that he's got that "IT" factor where he keeps making plays. Just maximizes the few touches he gets and if he does that at some NFL camp, they'll HAVE to keep him.

You see it all the time on Hard Knocks of undrafted guys on the team that just keep making plays and the coaches agonize over keep him or some veteran.
If he gets a chance as an undrafted I'll be very very suprised. There are bigger,faster, stronger players out there. What NFL team wants a 5'6" scatback when there are running backs with much higher cielings out there. I love godhigh, but he's maxed out his potential.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
He just needs to get in front of the Patriots coaches. They love that size player. He'll come put 6 pts on the board for super cheap and get development as a player. Wes Welker is listed at 5'8" and that's generous for him. He's probably actually a little shorter what with lizards eating his legs and all... Robbie has been told 'no' enough and proven the naysayers wrong enough to not surprise me. The NFL is all about getting into a good situation. The worst teams will destroy a good player, and average players will get elevated by a team that uses their skills properly (You can't tell me Baybay's numbers aren't a little inflated due to his QB being alright at slinging the football.)

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I know, he's got a long shot. But guys like Danny Woodhead had the same issues as well. There are bigger, faster, stronger players than Woodhead but dang it, he's just a football player that goes out there and makes plays and does the little things well.

I just think Godhigh has that same "IT" factor that the Woodheads of the world have. He's a football player and I'm sure a guy like him who's always been told he's too short, too slow, too weak, too everything would be too eager to prove everyone wrong. Again, I'm not saying its a guarantee he'll make it. He's got a long shot since he'll likely have to prove himself in a spring invite, before he even gets an invite to the actual NFL camp. But if you want to bet long on someone, Godhigh might be the guy. At least IMHO.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
As much as we like to criticize for poor OL play, we often don't acknowledge them when they do make great plays for our ball carriers.

Here's proud papa reminding us of that:

Hate to rain on the parade of proud papa but Braun got beat repeatedly by Donald.