Robert Godhigh career YPC

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

He has 98 carries for 920 yards.

9.38 YPC.

Wow.

2. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

Not gonna lie. I think he could be an awesome 3rd down back in the NFL. He can block, he can catch, and he can run it if he needs to

3. Josh Nesbitt 4 Heisman

Josh Nesbitt 4 Heisman Jolly Good Fellow

He can play the exact same role as Jaquizz

GTonTop88 likes this.
  4. bat_082994

I think he could be better than Quizz in that role

5. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

I had to go find this article:
    http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2012/08/06/t-j-barnes-yoga-enthusiast/
    I also thought there was another pre-season article where a different player was asked to name a player that he thought would surprise the fans and he picked Godhigh on offense. This was like 2-3 years ago and I couldn't find this article.

6. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

I see him different, more like Sproles or Woodhead

GTonTop88 likes this.
  7. Josh Nesbitt 4 Heisman

Josh Nesbitt 4 Heisman Jolly Good Fellow

I don't think he is as fast as them

8. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

40 times are overrated

bat_082994 likes this.
  9. daBuzz

daBuzz Helluva Engineer

Until you're trying to run with that guy who can run the 40 faster than you. I love Godhigh but I don't think he has the speed to play in the NFL.

10. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

I believe he is probably our best Aback of all time, I would take him over Roddy, Orwin, or AA

11. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

As much as we like to criticize for poor OL play, we often don't acknowledge them when they do make great plays for our ball carriers.

Here's proud papa reminding us of that:

12. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

He's not nearly as fast or elusive as quizz. He's a good college ball player, but he's just not talented enough to play in the NFL. I doubt he even gets a chance honestly.

13. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

He'll likely get a look as an undrafted player and his numbers (height/weight/speed/agility) say he won't make it but the thing with Godhigh is that he's got that "IT" factor where he keeps making plays. Just maximizes the few touches he gets and if he does that at some NFL camp, they'll HAVE to keep him.

You see it all the time on Hard Knocks of undrafted guys on the team that just keep making plays and the coaches agonize over keep him or some veteran.

14. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

If he gets a chance as an undrafted I'll be very very suprised. There are bigger,faster, stronger players out there. What NFL team wants a 5'6" scatback when there are running backs with much higher cielings out there. I love godhigh, but he's maxed out his potential.

15. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

He just needs to get in front of the Patriots coaches. They love that size player. He'll come put 6 pts on the board for super cheap and get development as a player. Wes Welker is listed at 5'8" and that's generous for him. He's probably actually a little shorter what with lizards eating his legs and all... Robbie has been told 'no' enough and proven the naysayers wrong enough to not surprise me. The NFL is all about getting into a good situation. The worst teams will destroy a good player, and average players will get elevated by a team that uses their skills properly (You can't tell me Baybay's numbers aren't a little inflated due to his QB being alright at slinging the football.)

16. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

I know, he's got a long shot. But guys like Danny Woodhead had the same issues as well. There are bigger, faster, stronger players than Woodhead but dang it, he's just a football player that goes out there and makes plays and does the little things well.

I just think Godhigh has that same "IT" factor that the Woodheads of the world have. He's a football player and I'm sure a guy like him who's always been told he's too short, too slow, too weak, too everything would be too eager to prove everyone wrong. Again, I'm not saying its a guarantee he'll make it. He's got a long shot since he'll likely have to prove himself in a spring invite, before he even gets an invite to the actual NFL camp. But if you want to bet long on someone, Godhigh might be the guy. At least IMHO.

bat_082994 likes this.
  17. D-man44

D-man44 Helluva Engineer

I think Dennis Andrews is gunna be a stud

IronJacket7 likes this.
  18. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Hate to rain on the parade of proud papa but Braun got beat repeatedly by Donald.

19. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Agree. He has great quickness / lateral movement.

20. bat_082994

I'm fairly sure a lot of people get beat repeatedly by Donald. That's not a knock on Braun. Donald's a beast

poodleface likes this.