Robert Carter to transfer

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
where did you hear that @gtpi?

on the acj blog and either here stingtalk or the hive. i have seen it twice. not sure if it is the same info repeated or more than one source.

this move makes absolutely no sense. i hope his parents are involved heavily in this decision. staying out of bb for a year right in the middle of his career? duh!

maybe the signing of a post type player in cox changes his thinking a bit. lammers cox carter and sampson. gives us some depth and options. i like it.

i hope he stays.....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can't wait to see Jorg back at 100%.

Anybody else get the feeling that Mr. AAU coach was looking for a job when our assistant position came open and started some drama when he didn't get it?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nah. If anything, he probably wanted to get his son a job, who just landed at Tennesee State.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So Carter may pull a Vad (remember the pre-signing vacillations)?

If Carter comes back, then all the people who called for CBG to leave because Carter left will want CBG to stay?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Guilty! I wish I could take that post back. It was out of raw emotions which most times a mistake.

It wasn't a good week for Tech news. Please forgive

I took me several months and thought about 70 years of GT football to come around to supporting CPJ again. CBG's teams look better than Hewitt's so I'm ok with CBG. I still give CBG a pass last year for injuries and thought we played hard and up to talent in most games.

Carter's latest tweet is

So who knows. This does remind me of Vad before he came to GT and the first year.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I took me several months and thought about 70 years of GT football to come around to supporting CPJ again. CBG's teams look better than Hewitt's so I'm ok with CBG. I still give CBG a pass last year for injuries and thought we played hard and up to talent in most games.

Carter's latest tweet is

So who knows. This does remind me of Vad before he came to GT and the first year.

? That is Travis Jorgensen

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had some pretty strong words about CBG following the Carter announcement and I'll stand by them.

He seems like a great person, I'm not questioning that, but what's happened here is a crisis of credibility.

The staff was apparently shocked when Carter announced this decision to them, a week in advance of it becoming public knowledge. I realize you can't spend 24/7 with players, but after 2 years, the staff's relationship with him should be good enough to warrant him discussing the idea with them first, as opposed to him walking in and telling them it's happening. To throw out some mismatched cliches, someone had to be asleep at the wheel to let the fox in the henhouse like that.

I've been supportive of CBG and certainly gave him the injury pass this past season, but I learned my lesson from being a Hewitt apologist for several years and when the Carter transfer was announced, I accepted that CBG will not be the long term solution for us. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

There was already some concern creeping in to 2015 recruiting and this certainly put it over the top in to now thinking we're going to have some problems getting the types of players we need at this point. Where will be then?

I certainly hope Carter changes his mind and would welcome CBG proving me wrong with many wins next year and multiple NCAA runs in the future. I'll be the first to own up to being wrong. Until such time though, I'll stand by what I said.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The data speak for themselves. We averaged, as a team, 67 points per game last year. That ranked us 281st among D1 programs. We lost 53 of those points to graduation and transfers. Where are the points going to come from this year? Does MGH have to average 40 for us to win?

We thought GT was a decent rebounding team last year, but we ranked 112th in D1 with 36 per game. More than 26 of those rebounds have left the program. Nine of our 13 assists per game are gone. Three and a half of our 5 steals per game. Gone.

Guys, our team has been decimated. I do not think there is a coach in the country who could win with what we have left. These are great kids with potential, but only MGH and Heyward have any significant minutes. We are in deep trouble. Even if Carter had not left, this was a steep hill to climb.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As @dtm1997 said, I'll stand by my sharp criticism of CBG. He's clearly a really good dude which we all can see. However, I challenge people to objectively look at the rest of the picture. I don't give him the no-home-arena pass or the injury pass that most do. Those can certainly be reasons for why we were losing, but they're certainly not reasons for how we were losing.

I also reject the notion that we look more fundamentally sound or that the players are more 'all-in' for GT now.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
CBG is a good guy. He says the right things. I don't believe he slacks in the many aspects of his job. That being said, we cannot build a sustainable program with the what we are doing in recruiting as being our ceiling.

Georgia as a state, puts out a lot of basketball talent and to see that talent keep leaving and heading to other, seemingly lesser, programs is really frustrating. We have great supporting cast members on this team. MGH on the wing and the True Chris Bolden are quality players but they need to play with some top level ACC caliber players to shine. If our offense concentrates on those two as being our main shot makers I believe we are in trouble. The prospect of BBC and Tadric playing together as an inside out combo had me optimistic but that has since gone to the way side. While I was/am critical of CBG I knew that getting 4 years is a given in order for him to have time to prove himself as the man for the job. Unless this team overachieves significantly I believe he needs to go.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-robert-carter-receiving-high-major-interest/

"However Maryland isn’t the only program expressing interest in Carter according to Erman’s report, with Kansas, St. John’s and South Carolina also being options at present time. Both Kansas and St. John’s are in need of another body in the front court with an eye towards 2015-16, and the same can be said for South Carolina despite the fact that three of their current front court players are rising juniors and a fourth (Demetrius Henry) is a rising sophomore."

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anybody know if Carter left school before finishing last semester? If so, and if he returns, would he be in jeopardy of not making satisfactory academic progress to the point he would be ineligible for the coming season? I've been out so long I have no idea what the policy is now for clearing Incompletes from a previous semester.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anybody know if Carter left school before finishing last semester? If so, and if he returns, would he be in jeopardy of not making satisfactory academic progress to the point he would be ineligible for the coming season? I've been out so long I have no idea what the policy is now for clearing Incompletes from a previous semester.

Positive/frustrating news there is he made Dean's List this past semester. Cant 100% confirm, but no academic progress issue is known.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'd really like to know what we did to anger Winfred Jordan. He's like a scorned woman. Maybe we should've hired his son to fold towels or something. Where's Carter's mom/dad? I'm tired of hearing from the mouthpiece/attention-seeker.